Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,944   Posts: 1,557,727   Online: 1178

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check to see if there is film in it by pulling up on the rewind knob and start to rewind GENTLY. If you feel tension there is film in.

Assuming the rewind kbob spins free, open the camera base plate and check to see if the takeup spool is inside. You will need one to take pictures with it.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You've got a winner there. It's probably the best value for your money for any Leica. It's very solid and requires little maintenance. I think I've had 2 CLA's on mine in the 40 or so years since I bought it in the late '60's. Just be sure to cut the film leader according to the diagram on the bottom of the camera before you try to load it. You can probably find other threads on proper film loading here and over at rangefinderforum.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    the leather of this post-war IIIc is not shark-skin but the normal coating. Shark-skin has another coarser appearance. I have an Ic with shark-skin which has been converted to IIIf BD with a similar serial-No. from 1949. Only very few shark-skin models seem to have been produced.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

You do need the user manual.

You need to carry a small pair of scissors to cut a longer leader tongue, with the longer leader it should load correct every time, without loads of problems.

You dont need to use any of the intraweb bodges for loading they are each likely to damage your camera.

Get a blower bulb and blow out the interior with the camera in normal landscape mode, the shutter should last several decades between any maintenance with some use, with hard use longer. The shutter can fail on a film chip...i

Dont worry about the finish Ive only ever seen one IIIC with intact chrome, the black stuff can chip possible to salvage this, instructions on web.

The early lenses need hoods Leitz ones are expensive.

Noel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin