Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,681   Posts: 1,482,189   Online: 1052

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Tell me about This Leica

Hi there

I got my hands on This old Leica. I know the M Series but the screw mounts i know nothing about. So please help me to learn about this.

Thanks.

Nicolai
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300535685.034059.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300535704.031203.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300535723.744823.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    It looks like possibly a IIIa or IIIb. I'm sure someone out there can tell you by the serial number. I had a IIf for several years and now wish I hadn't sold it. I hope you can use it. I love them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Judging by the serial number, I think it's a IIIc. Great camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a IIIc
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If I am not wrong IIIC produced between mid 30s to late 40s. Its WWII German camera. It focuses pin sharp but loading the film for first timers is little bit difficult. When you open the bottom , there might be a diagram to show how you might cut the film before loading.
    A little tip , If you loaded it wrong , left top cylinder doesnt rotate when you rotate the right one.
    Leather is shark . Lens looks like a summitar but I could not read from the picture.
    Now You have one of the best camera you can buy with money.

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 03-19-2011 at 10:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a 1949/1950 IIIc. The lens is a 1949 so it's likely the orginal lens & body combo.

One piece top and no sync numbers around the top shutter dial are a quick indication of a IIIc. The lens is a good one, the Summitar, which preceeds the Summicron. Uses odd size deep recessed mounting filters.

Consider having it serviced. It's 62 years old and the shutter most likely needs attention. The lens should be clean and adjusted as well.

My IIIf just recently developed a light leak and it is in great shape having had a full service by DAG in 2001.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi folks

Thanks for All the Info anyone know if you Can get an online manual?

BTW i found a recip in the leather case for the camera. Someone bought it used in 1972. And it says it's a IIIc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300560126.582915.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow the buyer paid only £50 even in 1972 was very cheap.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi there

I intent to use the set because it's a gift and I can not trade or sell a gift... But what are the value of a set like that. I have to say that the camera and lens is in very good condition. The leather case is a little beat up but can be used because it's only cosmetic. I ask because of my camera insurance need to know value on the gear.. estimated. I have looked on ebay but it's not very clear to me because the prices is very different... I have seen a set from the same year to $1400 and other places it's $2-300. can you guide me?

Thanks in advance

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    McKeown's lists the IIIc (with sharkskin) at $250-375 in exceptionally clean condition. The 50mm summitar is listed at $85-90.
    Mike Butkus has a manual online(everybody should support his site, orphancameras.com); Leica IIIc manual.

I love my IIIc. I mostly use it with a 90mm Elmar, but I also have the 50mm Summitar. The loading does take some getting used to, but it is a wonderful piece of equipment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin