Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,964   Posts: 1,523,308   Online: 1237

Shooter
    Medium Format

How much is a 35mm summilux pre-asph worth?

Hi guys.

Today I was offered a Mint condition Pre-ASPH 35mm summilux.

It has the serial: 328xxxx which I can't seem to find on http://www.antiquecameras.net/leicamlenses.html

The guy has offered an exchange with my Elmarit 28mm Pre-asph + $1200.

Would this be a good deal?

I really want the summilux, but can't seem to find what it's worth.
    Check out my blog where I'm testing high end photo gear and features a lot of cool artists
    And please also see my latest project

Shooter
    Multi Format
    H i Jan,

I've seen them as cheap as €400-500, albeit in user condition...

A mint one at that price & condition seems to be a pretty bad deal, unless you're a rabid collector.

P.S. I just took a look at the auction site: people seem to have gone mad! Maybe it isn't *such* a bad deal after all... :-(
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jan,
    He wants your 28/2.8 Elmarit Plus $1200? Boy, that's a terrific deal FOR HIM!
    Also, which version of the 28? There were several and the earliest I believe, is the more valuable.
    KEH has several 28's right now in the $1500 range and no pre aspheric 35 1.4's The 28 is usually sold without finder which would add about another ~$200
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Images
    Here's a handy link for pricing some items:
    http://antiquecameras.net/leicamlenses.html

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Prices have increased significantly for most M-mount lenses since the introduction of the M9. This pre-ASPH 35mm Summilux has developed a bit of a following. Frankly, if I were in your shoes, I'd consider the 35mm f/1.2 Nokton and keep the 28mm Elmarit. I have a 35mm Summicron as my general 35mm and I use the Nokton when I need the extra speed.
    "Oui, non, oui, non, OUI!" - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Fernando Gomes Semedo (aka Nando) - flickr

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Giving legendary Elmarit for Summilux , not a good idea. www.imx.nl , look for Summilux versus Elmarit tests. If you are not blind , you will understand what I am talking. Elmarit is a Leica lens , Summilux is a camera lens.

Dont handle the hot pan Nokton , it has never closed to Leica quality. Stick to your lens and buy an tele elmarit with your money.

Umut

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin