Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,958   Online: 778

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    My aunt was Ukranian. They left their native country many years ago, but her father was an engineer who did some great feat of engineering which earned him the Order of Lenin medal. She gave it to me! So, I don't have the camera, but I do have a genuine Order of Lenin medal!

PE
    PE:

I would guess that having a genuine Order of Lenin medal would have created "difficulties" for you if you had had the medal at the height of your time working with NASA and the space program
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt;

At that time, I did not even know about the medal. I did not get it until about 40 years later.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    My aunt was Ukranian. They left their native country many years ago, but her father was an engineer who did some great feat of engineering which earned him the Order of Lenin medal. She gave it to me! So, I don't have the camera, but I do have a genuine Order of Lenin medal!

PE
    Stick that puppy to a lens cap and hawk it, for Lenin's sake!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bo zhe moi! Well, I also have her collection of Tolstoy and her Russian Bible. The latter keeps me honest enough to prevent what you suggest.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Any idea what he did to get such an honour?
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no idea what he did. I never even knew of this until many years after his death. I know that in the US he became one of the chief engineers at Clairton Coke Works, which was at the time the largest Coke plant in the USA.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm. That monstrosity adds weight to "better dead than red." But it could be dead and red.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Hmm. That monstrosity adds weight to "better dead than red." But it could be dead and red.

Reminds me of something. In the Navy, we learned a trick for remembering a fool-proof process for solving algebraic equations:

Remember, My Education is for Destroying Red Commies (or "Driving Reactors Carefully," officially).

R.M.E.D.R.C.

The letters stand for the steps of the process.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    ha! looks like a used zorki 4 and a spray can of paint to me!
    Yes, but like Hooters its "delightfully tacky"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Twiss View Post
    "delightfully tacky"
    I think that's the best description. I was trying to think of something to describe how it was beuatiful and hideous at the same time.

And I never did understand all of the American paranoia over Russia and communism.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin