Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,775   Online: 871

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, ok. I won't do it myself. The shutter seems to function well though. I compared the times (approximatley) to my f2, and they seem spot on. the glass is amazingly clear, it's insane, just such a clear image. it's a treat of a lens to work with, so sharp and easy to focus. the only thing about the body, and i can see why more people chose leica's, is that its a bit un-ergonomic. That said, it's still a treat of a camera to use. I didn't get any shots done with the 300mm, just the 50. But the 300 seems like a very nice lens as well, I believe it's a more common screw mount lens attached to an alpa adapter tube, which has tripod mounts on it (one for vertical shooting, one for horizontal) and it focuses very smooth and very nice. It says west germany on the side of the screw mount.

Yes i will call essex and see what they say. I'm not so sure i will be able to send it to them though, i'd be too scared of it breaking!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's also funny to think about getting a camera for free, and yet the expense of repairing it might be high.

For instance, I got a Rollei 35SE Sonnar f2.8 for $10 at a garage sale! (a good day) The shutter is sticky and a repair might cost me $100 or more.. so for the time being I live with it.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    It's also funny to think about getting a camera for free, and yet the expense of repairing it might be high.

For instance, I got a Rollei 35SE Sonnar f2.8 for $10 at a garage sale! (a good day) The shutter is sticky and a repair might cost me $100 or more.. so for the time being I live with it.
    haha ya i'm sure that happens to a lot of people. I'm thinking that this one is totally fine though, the shutter fires smooth, it all advances smooth, rewinds smooth. Everything about it is way smooth and nice. the only reason the shutter was half-open when i was rewinding was because i had half-cocked it when i got to the end of the roll, and then accidentaly hit the shutter release which apparently half-opens the shutter, and leaves it open until you cock the camera all the way again and press the shutter release again. I think i'm just gonna use the camera as is for now. The main bothering thing is the dust in the prism.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just think.... that dust is probably 60 years old... Luckily it won't affect the pictures.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Luseboy View Post
    the only thing about the body, and i can see why more people chose leica's, is that its a bit un-ergonomic.
    An old quip goes:

Alpa Engineer: "Our cameras are built like watches!"
    Photographer: "But why don't you build them like cameras?!"

That said, I'd love to put one through its paces....
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Not like greasing a car or changing its oil. Farm it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin