Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,460   Online: 831

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    to the OP:

You really should consider purchasing an Olympus OM 85mm f/2.0 before you make the switch to a leica.

You'd be foolish if you opted to jump straight to a rangefinder with a telephoto before trying the OM 85mm f/2.0.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm really happy with my Leica M3 + 90mm Tele-Elmarit. The Tele-Elmarit is compact and light for a 90mm lens.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I got my first rangefinder at Christmas: a Zeiss ZI. The weekend before last I picked up a mint condition Leica M6 at a bargain price. I'd say that the ZI is an excellently designed camera which is well built. The Leica is, in my opinion, a well designed camera that is excellently built.

I wouldn't be without either but if I would tend to recommend the ZI as a first rangefinder as the transition from SLRs is less radical and the use is (for me at least) a bit more intuitive, although I am already getting a good feel for the M6.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I didn't care for the release point of the Leica M6 shutter release. I felt that you had to almost fully depress it to trigger the shutter. I know that you can buy a soft release to compensate for that, but why should you have to purchase another item to make up for a camera's short coming?

The M6 was an excellent camera, but I sold it. Too heavy. Too wide. Didn't like the film loading. Didn't like the tabbed lens. I believe the guy who bought it from me fell in love with it, and I'm sure he's making infinitely better use out of it than I ever would.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My vote goes for the Leica M5. I have both an M3 and the M5. The M5 is a dream to use. And don't give me this BS about it being so big, so ugly, blah blah blah.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin