Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,724   Online: 1012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations, what a wonderful set. (and on the marriage) Certainly a CLA is the way to go and Sherry is as good as they get. Practice a little with the film loading though as it's a little fiddly but with practice you'll build up confidence. They are wonderful camera's and lenses especially when you consider their age and the fact that they are perfectly capable of producing pretty good images (even the elmar) if the optics are clear. But Sherry will give reliable advise.
    Last edited by Bateleur; 04-28-2011 at 09:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards
    Charles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! I loaded a test roll a few times yesterday, I now know what I did wrong the first time around. After downloading a pdf of the manual, I now know the "trick" of it. The lenses seem to be in really good shape, the Elmar has a few more specks inside. If all goes well, I will run a roll for real today or tomorrow. Should be fun!
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it is a bit fiddly, but like most things practice makes perfect. And yes the camera's are fun to use, quirky perhaps but sheer enjoyment.
    Regards
    Charles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin