Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,351   Online: 820

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    Konica S, Minolta hi-matics, Oly Rc/Rd, Canon ql series, Yashica Gsn.. and other are overall the same cameras.
    Mine Minolta 7SII is a flawless camera. It is the camera that I would not force myself to sell it ever, I would probably easily sale my Rolleiflex 3.5 or Minolta SRT 101, but 7SII is very enjoyable, beautiful, easy to use, small, not that light, brilliant for street and snapshots, just amazing, these are the reasons why would buy a Fuji x100 because it is like digital fixed lens RF.

I don't believe that a fixed lens RF would ever be as close as Leica/Voigtlander/Zeiss and other RF cameras with variety of outstanding lens.
    "It's not about the pictures, concepts, people, human bodies, emotions, experimentations, colours, dreams, tricky scenes, camera or imaginations.. it's about the poetry behind them all."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by adi View Post
    Contax G2, without a doubt the best camera I own but not really compact. 28, 45 and 90mm lens are an unbeatable combination. Can be had at a fraction of the cost of an M6. You could probably pick up a G2 body with 35mm lens for $700. 28mm and 45mm lenses are more expensive ($200-400) and the oustanding 21mm landscape lens doesn't go for less than $700. I have all the lenses but use the 45mm and 28mm most often.
    I also own the 90 mm lens & use a Sunpak 120 J TTL flash with my Contax G2. Plus

I added a Voigtlander Bessa L with the 12 mm & 15 mm LTM lenses, used with a Quantum X2.

These 2 kits make for a great system.

Finally, for a P/S I have an Olympus XA. A great camera,
    with a very sharp lens & with a leaf-shutter lens,
    will flash synch at any shutter speed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    I'm new to rangefinder cameras. At first I was a little overwhelmed, but now it seems fun. One of these I hope I can afford a Leica... but what I was primarily looking for was to get used to a rangefinder and see if I even like it before spending thousands of bucks in a Leica just to find out I don't like shooting with them at all. I'm sure there will be many factors that make a super cheap Konica different from a Leica, but I hope the experience will be better, and not the other way round.

Can anyone with experience in both cheap rangefinders and more expensive Leica or Voigtlander shed some light to this matter?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by maliha View Post
    I'm new to rangefinder cameras. At first I was a little overwhelmed, but now it seems fun. One of these I hope I can afford a Leica... but what I was primarily looking for was to get used to a rangefinder and see if I even like it before spending thousands of bucks in a Leica just to find out I don't like shooting with them at all. I'm sure there will be many factors that make a super cheap Konica different from a Leica, but I hope the experience will be better, and not the other way round.

Can anyone with experience in both cheap rangefinders and more expensive Leica or Voigtlander shed some light to this matter?
    OK. To address the specific questions.
    I have a Leica M6 and a Bessa R4A. I still own but am about to sell an R3A. I also had a Minolta fixed lens RF.
    Based on my experience, the Leica is lovely but heavy and expensive.
    The Minolta was limited. The Konica might be the same. Both have limited repair options.
    The Bessa does everything the Leica does, without the "aura" or the price.

My recommendation would be to buy a second hand Bessa R2 either A or M (the A version can be used on manual) and a single 50mm lens to fit. If you eventually decide you want interchangeability you can add a lens or two later. Otherwise, continue to use it as a single lens outfit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Youdale View Post
    OK. To address the specific questions.
    I have a Leica M6 and a Bessa R4A. I still own but am about to sell an R3A. I also had a Minolta fixed lens RF.
    Based on my experience, the Leica is lovely but heavy and expensive.
    The Minolta was limited. The Konica might be the same. Both have limited repair options.
    The Bessa does everything the Leica does, without the "aura" or the price.

My recommendation would be to buy a second hand Bessa R2 either A or M (the A version can be used on manual) and a single 50mm lens to fit. If you eventually decide you want interchangeability you can add a lens or two later. Otherwise, continue to use it as a single lens outfit.
    Thanks a bunch. A used Bessa R3-A seems to around the same price as the Leica M3 or half that of an M6. I am still confused as to which will be a better option, but the Bessa looks pretty good too. May be Bessa is the right option if the image quality is the same as that of a Leica. Having too many options is kinda crazy...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin