Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,725   Online: 756

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kollig
    Most of the ZM-lenses were dummies, as both the 15 and the 85 were just front lens and otherwise empty. The 15 will be the most expensive at around 2200 Euro. The 85 in the catalogue looks small, actually it has a diametre like the Noctilux and to me looked bigger than the 90/2.0
    Dr,
    Could you elaborate on "dummie" and what ever else you can add to enlighten us/me about the qualities of these lenses?

jdc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kollig
    The Rollei badged Voigtländer was on display at Photokina, but the salesman face was like "Do you really want to see it?" and my face was "No, used surprised to see it at all". I can not remember to actually have seen one in a shop.
    I have seen them in shops in Japan.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format

Further Information from Zeiss

Take a look at the current issue of Camera Lens News, a news letter from zeiss: http://www.zeiss.de/C12567A8003B8B6F...e/CLN_20en.pdf
    They state that the new ZM lenses have resolved 400lp/mm on Gigabitfilm.

Gigabitfilm has published the quote from a Zeiss letter on their German website, telling that Gigabitfilm has rendered the maximum resolution of their 320lp/mm test chart so well, that they assume even more potential: http://gigabitfilm.de/html/deutsch/a...elles_main.htm

I guess Zeiss is currently developing a new Resolution Test Chart ;-)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    Dr,
    Could you elaborate on "dummie" and what ever else you can add to enlighten us/me about the qualities of these lenses?

jdc
    Well, I had a leica with me as I wanted to take some pictures with these lenses (15/85) and was very disappointed. I'm NOT interested in the camera or the 28/35/50 lenses so can not comment on these.

The 15/2.8 is pretty big as well, reminds me of my 15/3.5 which is a Zeiss lens with a Leica R-mount. Think of 72 mm filter size. Focus Range 0.3 m up.

Wolfram
    Colour? We can always use an airbrush later...

Huw

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    My first relpy...(here anyway) 320lp/mm that is about 3 wavelengths of light, to get much better we will need to shoot using UV.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It will be interesting to see how the lenses stack up against Leica glass; I looked at the website, and the camera is a thing of beauty! They are priced less than Leica, so maybe this system will be a more affordable option that will make RF acessible to more photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I remember my dad telling me that his first camera was a Zeiss Ikon, which he traded in later for a Pentax Spotmatic. Looking at prices that Zeiss Ikons go for on eBay compared to Pentax Spotmatics, that was a mistake.

He also use to talk about how Nikon came from Zeiss Ikon during WWII in some type of Axis technology exchange, any truth to that story?

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "He also use to talk about how Nikon came from Zeiss Ikon during WWII in some type of Axis technology exchange, any truth to that story?"

I don´t know in this regard, I just know that many japanese camera companies incl. Nikon gained from the dispropriation and publication of german patents -incl. Zeiss- after WW2 through the allieds - secret or proprietary lens formulas, camera construction details, production methods went public by that and they were free to use them.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have heard that a lot of AP and UPI photogs in the combat areas of the world used Nikon enlarging lenses on Leicas and that is one of the ways Nikon gained a marketing edge. Any truth to that?

lee\c

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    well I've heard that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny have formed an corporate conglomerate to corner the holiday market and easing out both that turkey guy and those pesky leprechauns. 8)
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin