Newbie here to APUG and I'm looking for some advice.
I picked up an Aires 35-V at a yardsale this weekend for $10. When I got
home and took a closer look and removed the lens I noticed that the
focus ring in broken. It comes off the body and doesn't appear to work.
Other than that the camera is in beautiful condition, my question is it worth
getting repaired and who do you recommend for repairs?
Questions about "is it worth it?" are hard to answer but in most cases it would likely cost more to repair than to find another working example.
Thanks for the responce. That's what I was figuring. I sent an email to KEH camera repairs, just waiting to hear thier quote. If it's too much, I'll have a nice paper weight and I'll just have to find another working copy.
It would cost more to repair the the value of the camera. Look up KEH for used cameras.
What lens or lenses did you get with it? I've got an Aires 35-V with the 4.5cm f1.5 lens and I'd like a 3.5cm or 10cm lens that they made for this.
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
It came with the 4.5 lens. I found a local camera repair shop. I;m going to get it cleaned and repaired.
It will take about 2 weeks, I cant wait to put some film through the camera!
Here is the reapir shop if anyone is interested. authorizedcamerarepair dot com
Thanks. I just requested a quote on a repair for my OM-4T. It's overall in mint condition (was still in the box when I got it), but the shutter jammed. Dried out lubricants, I guess. Good luck with your Aries. I have one of those that has a stuck shutter too.
The 35-V sells in the $ 50-125 range on eBay. Repair probably not worth it if goal is to resell. Here is one with a scrathed lens that sold for $ 46
Thanks for the info. I have no intention of selling the camera. It's such a nice looking camera that
I want to get it back in working order. With what I paid for it and the cost of the repair it will have cost
me $65, I don't think that is too bad.
Well, the camera is finally repaired! They said two weeks, ended up being four weeks. I'm going to go pick it up, put a roll or two of film through it and I will post the results.