Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,527   Posts: 1,572,399   Online: 1119

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, thanks for all the replies. I appears that an R3A with a 35mm or 50mm is in my future.

Thanks!

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll jump in and say that I really like my R3M. I purchased it in early 2010 with a 40/1.4 and I find it an enjoyable combo to shoot.

I purchased the single coating version of the 40/1.4 and I love it. I would opt for the single coat if I had to do it again. I really love the compact size of the lens. It's a fast lens that you can use all day and all night with silky smooth operation and it won't weigh you down at all. My only complaint with it is that the bokeh can get a bit nervous at times, but of course this is my subjective opinion. It only seems to happen for me when I shoot wide-open. It is dependent on the background and the light you are shooting in, but in absolutely no way do I think it is a deal breaker.

When I purchased my R3 the prices were significantly lower. I think I paid 560-570 for my R3, brand new, and 399 for the 40/1.4. I really like the 1:1 finder in the R3, and while I do plan to get some wider lenses(such as the 15 and 28/2) I'll have to see how I like an accessory finder. It seems that the prices have gone up. At the time I purchased I did not consider the used Leica M market, but I think that if I was to purchase today I would look into the possibility of a Leica M3 or M2 and a CLA.
    Jason

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

The

35mm f/1.4 distorts a little and some may focus shift - tis said
    40mm f/1.4 neither of these but is larger - still small

They are both availabe single or multi coated, the single coating compresses a scence's contrast adaptively, but will flare more, any will need a hood.

Noel
    P.S> I'd get a M2 or M4-2 but not bother with a CLA, buy it in a brick camera shop with a warrenty.
    Last edited by Xmas; 06-26-2011 at 09:44 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: P.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I just picked up a Fujica 35-SE on that auction site for $20 and it is in fabulous condition. The shutter-aperture linkage is a bit wonky so I'll have to look into that. I aso got a Fujica V2 out to Mark Hama for a little TLC. It has a 45mm f/1.8 that is clear. So I'll be passing on the Bessarabia for now.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    OK, thanks for all the replies. I appears that an R3A with a 35mm or 50mm is in my future.

Thanks!

Tony
    No for a R3A you want a 40 not a 35.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin