Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,253   Online: 775

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    Both my 28 and my 45 have 'wobbly' fronts. I wouldn't worry about it if your images are fine.
    Really? Mine don't.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    'Wobbly' may be hard to quantify. In any case, the inner tube of my Contax G lenses (45 & 28) can be moved (laterally) slightly within the outer barrel. Not Leica, Zeiss or even Canon L build quality, but nothing to the detriment of the image quality either.

It's quite subtle though, this wobble.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've now been able to wring out my equipment quite thoroughly and am convinced it's working as it should. Both lenses are very sharp (45 & 28) and the body functions well. For the duty I intend, I imagine the G-1 will serve me well but the G-2 beckons, too!

Thanks for the sharing of your experiences.... I likely was being too much an alarmist at the play in the lens. The 28 has more motion than the 45 but it seems to function perfectly. I took some shots side by side with some known, sharp optics and they held up well in comparison. They seemed to squeeze everything that Acros in Xtol could deliver so that's enough for me! It should be a good little buddy for ease and portability.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just checked my 28 and there's no movement at all. I did have a little movement in my 45 (that I have since sold - stupidly) but it made no difference to the image quality. For what it's worth, I love the 28 Biogon G - easily the best wide I've ever used. The 21 is incredible too - a very special lens.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I started out with a G-1 and the 45 and 28 lenses as a very compact adjunct travel kit. I've since fallen so in love with the outfit that I'm now using it as a primary camera when traveling, and have grown the set to include every lens except the 16 and the 35-70 zoom, plus a G2 body. The 21 is my absolute favorite lens hands down, with the 28 a close second. The only uninspiring lens in the kit is the 35. If you do get a 90, do be aware that it has some focusing issues on the G1, so pick up a G2 to go with it. You'll thank yourself. I suppose that this was in part due to the fact that it was Barcelona, which is teeming with photographic opportunities, but in 10 days in Barcelona, I put somewhere on the order of 21 rolls of film through the kit. In two days in Puerto Rico, I was averaging 3-4 rolls a day with it. Brilliant system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin