Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,440   Online: 823

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations on your new camera. I have a Bessa R, which is an LTM rather than M mount like your R4. All models of the Cosina Voigtlander Bessa are excellent cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations, it's a lovely looking camera and should give you a rewarding photographic experience. Looking forward to the first photographs.
    Regards
    Charles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What's à la carte about the R4M, though? As far as I know, there's only one version.
    No ostrich skin option here!

I had one for about a year and half and just sold it a few weeks ago as I didn't shoot much between 15mm and 40mm, which is the FL zone it's made for.

Bessas are really simple, effective cameras, at a good price. Aside from the short baselength and frame edge versus sprocket alignment woes I had, they are a joy to use.

I hope you have fun using yours, congratuations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sirimiri View Post
    What's à la carte about the R4M, though? As far as I know, there's only one version.
    Just copying the title from another thread

I spent a week on vacation using it, I'll process the negatives tomorrow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the title was in reference to my M7 a la carte post which became a beast. The title of this post made me chuckle - well done. And look forward to your pics; please post some after dev!
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by segedi View Post
    I think the title was in reference to my M7 a la carte post which became a beast. The title of this post made me chuckle - well done. And look forward to your pics; please post some after dev!
    Thanks for sharing you camera, I came close go getting one (may still some day...)

On a more practical note, after 35 years of using SLR, TLR and view cameras, it was a little difficult getting used to the RF. I'm still not comfortable with it, it will take some time so I can operate it without thinking about it. I just shot another roll at a party this afternoon and it is getting there. Certainly the view is so much brighter and easier to focus than the 18mm F4 Distagon on an SLR, which will be my standard for comparison.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dale,

Happy 50th! Wishing you at least the 21 more that I have on you to date. Have fun with the camera. I know we will soon see pictures at our NE OH Gathering in August.

Having read this thread and Segedi's the cynic in me is amused at what might have been said by contributors to Segedi's thread if they knew you had wisely invested and restored two Ferraris and a Lancia that occasionally see light of day. Total disclosure required.

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    35mm RF
    congrats. ive wanted an r4 for a while now. sweet cam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was looking at negatives yesterday and the 21mm lens is sharper in the corners than my Zeiss 18mm/f4 SLR retrofocus lens. I was kind of expecting that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    two Ferraris
    I was actually thinking of taking the picture of the camera sitting on the engine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin