Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,446   Online: 820

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Voigtlander Bessa R4m a la carte arrived yesterday!

The big five-0 birthday is just around the corner and I had been very very close to breaking down and getting a Leica as a birthday present to myself. (Absolutely no chance in he** my wife will buy me one )

However, I had a chance meeting with my most favorite photographer of all time. During a non-photography related discussion, out of the blue, he tells me about his camera. Then he suggests I get one too, saying, "I like it because I can fit it in my pocket with the lens." I did ask him about using a Leica and he said he has a few 'lying around' but does not use them any longer. He also recommended the Voigtlander 'M' version, relaying the info that if the battery dies, the shutter still works.

I scurried around looking for one, but B&H was out of stock of both the body and lens. I found them at CameraQuest.

getting
    Last edited by ic-racer; 07-08-2011 at 03:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I told my wife I really needed to get the camera, because the next time I see him he might ask me if I checked out the camera, or bought one.

After taking the camera out of the box, I was a little disappointed that I can't see the 21mm lines with my glasses. So this is the story on the diopter lenses:

1) It takes NIKON FM round screw-in diopters lenses.
    2) It comes with a flat screw in glass with a rubber protector
    3) The NIKON round screw in diopters do not have the rubber protector (but you don't need it because you won't have your glasses on)
    4) The label on the NIKON diopter is ONE POSITVE DIOPTER GREATER strength of the lens it contains.
    5) So, I need a -4 diopter and ordered one that is printed "-5" and it works perfectly.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 07-08-2011 at 03:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Droooool.....

Happy 50th! Beautiful camera.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Your happy.. I'm happy.. cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy Bday.
    Tell me how it works out for you. I got my eye on one too.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Happy Bday.
    Tell me how it works out for you. I got my eye on one too.

Lee
    If I can make it to John's I'll bring the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another Cosina product?

Recently I have been using this FX3 that was given to me. I wanted a 28mm lens to use on this FREE camera because I am being more cautious about my Zeiss lenses (see thread on destroyed lens here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/8...2-tragedy.html )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is the deal with the Yashica ML lenses on ebay? The prices are way out of line (to high). One seller has them for sale for more than what Zeiss lenses go for. That brand new Color Skopar 21 for the Bessa was about the same price as a Yashica ML 21mm on ebay!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice
    Perfect everyday camera.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I have the R2 which is also all mechanical. I love this camera! I only have a 35 and 50mm, but that's all I really need. Maybe a 28mm down the line.
    - Abram

Mamiya 7II / Hasselblad 500CM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin