Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,405   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You do not need a filter and hood to use the camera or any camera. I have a Vito with a Skopar lens and have had wonderful results and never had a filter or hood on it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have found the hood and it is 32mm (and fits my Vito). I thought I had also found a 32mm UV filter but on closer inspection, it's a +1 Dioptre lens. That will make all of your pictures blurry!

If you send me your address by PM, I will post it to you.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Steve
    Sorry for the delay.
    My camera is a 35mm camera just like the one on the picture shown on the link you have sent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Steve I thank you very much and your kindness to this matter is greatly appreciated.
    However, I live in Japan and it will be costly for you to send the material. I would like to remit money by bank transfer for all the expenses including the purchase of hood. I have no intension of having you go through all the troubles to do this for nothing. Please let me know the amount and where money has to be sent. Best regards

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I will find out what the (actual) postage will be today. It doesn't weigh much so I don't think it will be much (the Post Office website suggests £1.12 for surface mail and about £2 for air mail). Probably not enough to worry about. Certainly not enough to bother with a bank transfer. And I don't want anything for the hood itself.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Steve I must do something. I cannot accept it without any reward to your part. Anyway can you contact me at following address for farther info in this? My e-mail address is tu-quoque@kcc.zaq.ne.jp
    Are you in England? We have a time difference of about 9 hours. It is now about 8:35 here. I may not be able to get back to you until tomorrow our time.
    Thank you

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    O.K. I will contact you via e-mail for your address then post it. Rather than repay me with money, just pass on a favour to someone else when you are able.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    raelreal1959:

I don't know whether Steve will agree with this suggestion, but I'll mention what I've suggested to others who want to do something to say thank you.

You could subscribe to APUG .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would like to express my thanks to everyone who has replied to me with the answers, and I wish I could be some help to someone in a future. I guess I have solved my problem. I think I will take the suggestion made by Matt on this one. Best reagrds every one.

Shooter
    Medium Format

lens hood

If any store is trying to charge $250 for a lens hood unless it is made of pure gold, then run, do not walk away from there. and never go back!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin