Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,722   Online: 863

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Re quest for finding the lens filter and hood for Voigtlander vito Three

I have a Voigtlander Vito Ⅲ camera, which I had it for a while, but never been used. This is due because of not having a lens filter, and the hood. Thus I am afraid I may scratch the lens.
    I have decided rather than the camera just sits in a corner of my desk as a decorative object correcting dust. I would like to use it. Does any one know where I might be able to purchase a lens filter and the hood for this camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some sizes here:
    Vitomatic I

32 mm. push-on

Vitomatic II

32 mm. push-on

Vitomatic Ia

32 mm. push-on

Vitomatic IIa

32 mm. push-on

Vitomatic IIa (with Ultron lens)

40.5 mm. screw-fitting

Vitomatic Ib

40.5 mm. screw-fitting

Vitomatic IIb

40.5 mm. screw-fitting

Vitomatic I CS

40.5 mm. screw-fitting

Vitomatic II CS

40.5 mm. screw-fitting

Vitomatic IIIb

40.5 mm. screw-fitting

Vitomatic III CS

40.5 mm. screw-fitting
    From: http://www.marriottworld.com/vito_cameras/matics.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could measure the filter size (and the outside lens diameter).

If you're in Europe, I might even have something which fits sitting around...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I thank you very much for your reply on this. I guess my Vito three has a 32mm diameter lens (it is fitter with an Ultron F2) I have found a hood for Vittesser camera, which the person at the camera shop told me that it will fit to Vito as well? But the price is more than $ 250. I know it is vital to have a lens hood, and filter. But I have to think twice spending this much money just for the lens hood and the filter. I guess I will search some thing at e-bay.

Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It will be fine without a hood. Just try it out. Not sure how anyone can justify $250 just for a lens hood.

If it's a 32mm push on you need, I'm sure I have one here that you can have for the postage cost. I will check and post again if I have a 32mm one. I know I have a couple which fit my Vito.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Steve great! I really appreciate for your reply to this. perhaps I am asking too much but do you have a lens filter to go along with it?
    Thanks Best regards

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't have any push on filters for that size. I assume you just want a UV filter. As far as I am aware, you can't use a filter and a hood at the same time. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me!

To reiterate my comment earlier though, I think you should try it as it is. I have a Vito B and a Vitomatic II and have never used a hood with it. There are some pictures from mine in my gallery.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you Steve I will try the camera without the hood. I will check out your pics later. Thank you for everything.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think I am getting confused! Is yours a folding 120 roll film camera or a 35mm camera? (mine are 35mm and fixed, not folding) The Vito name was used for many variants. Either way, I will still look for a 32mm hood tonight.

I'm assuming yours is this one: http://www.marriottworld.com/vito_cameras/vito111.htm This page also confirms that it has a 32mm filter mount.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Link to 32mm push on metal shiny hood (looks similar to origial?) for 12 gbp:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/32mm-push-fit-sl...c#ht_544wt_754

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin