Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,251   Online: 753

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    50 bucks for a CLA? Yep, this one might be going off to the professionals.

I can do the seals and battery, but if a CLA is 50 bucks for this then I'll do what I can and leave the adjustment to the pros. Unless the seals are included then I'll turn them loose on that too.

I've done shutter replacements, lens repair, but it's all SLR and DSLR stuff, I've never been inside a RF so I just might send it off. Thanks.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B&L 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    4x5 Graphic View, made in USA! New project
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    JDog, I believe Russ' CLA includes new seals!

He seems like a highly respected Yashica repair person over at RFF. I have seen many positive posts over there about his work.

The below page has a description of his $50 CLA, maybe check RFF for some feedback of Russ' work or maybe some Apug'er can comment?

I believe his handle at RFF is b1bmsgt:

http://www.camerarefurb.com/Services.htm

Mark Hama is also a legend when it comes to the Yashica RFs. I believe he used to live in Japan and actually assembled the Yashica RF cameras. He is in the states somewhere...I would think new seals come with his CLA but you should call/email him for a quote. If the seals are included in a CLA, dont waste the $10 for it and have it done as part of the CLA, save the cash for some film!

Mark's site:
    www.markhama.com

Any Apug'er used Mark that can comment on his service? Or any other RF CLA'er for Yashica RFs?

Wish you the best, you will LOVE this camera!!!!!!! You basically have a Leica with a 1.4 lens for no where near the cost...

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    This one is. I love the all metal lens.
    I'm pretty sure the lens has glass in it. At least mine do

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    I'm pretty sure the lens has glass in it. At least mine do
    OOOOOHHH SNAP THAT'S GOTTA HURT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a beautiful example of a Lynx 14 minus one battery cover/door. I just looked at it for the first time in a long time this past weekend. Reminded myself I must get a battery door for this thing. I can't wait to us it. My other Lynx does beautiful......amazing photos with B&W.

Every rangerfinder I have that has come back from a CLA has become a wonderful, useful camera that I love to use and still makes the neighbors wonder what's wrong with me. Digital? Yup, use it on occassion, but nothing beats the classic pictures that come from a classic camera.......

Get that thing a good CLA and you will quickly find that you have an amazing camera.

Bob E.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    OK, serious comments. The rangefinder may just be sluggish to follow rather than out of adjustment. Also DO NOT be tempted to clean the beam splitter. Not even one bit. The silvering comes off very easily. Don't ask me how I know. I have a minister BTW.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin