Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,660   Online: 1157

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    excellent shots!
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thank you both for the kind words.

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I was one of those people and I sure 'got it', almost fell off my chair looking at my first roll of film from an M6 28mm elmarit-M...
    Have to totally agree and have only had a 56 M3 with 50mm Summicron for about 16 years. The negs print more like 120's with tonality & sharpness. Comparative Pentax images are crisper, more micro-contrast and appear slightly grainier despite being exposed & developed at the same time in the same multi tank.

The only other camera system I've experience which produced similar quality results on 35mm was an Exacta VX100 system. Can't take credit for the images I just did all the processing.

It's the way the lenses are computed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'd love to see a head and sholders portrait--please?
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Traffic Cop" would be my caption for the plumbing shot in your gallery.

Nice shots with your new MP. I remember that feeling of the first set of Leica negs very well. Kinda like one's first print in the darkroom, eh?
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Huw

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    I have both Leicas and an Xpan, the Xpan produces very sharp negs, comparable to Leica at 36x24 and everso slightly softer at the ends of panoramic for the 45mm and as sharp at the ends (no point doing corners here) with the 90mm. Slightly OT, I have been using the CV 35mm f2.5 M mount a lot recently, better than my 50 'cron (rigid 1st type) for sharpness.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sooo interested in the Leica M7.

How well does it fair for candid portrait work? I guess for my style of work which is... well, I'm not quite sure. But I do like shallow DOF's and low light and moody shots.

I love this camera, fits me perfectly, although I'd have to sell my house, lol. The only other camera I'd love to get one day is the XPAN.

Jeff Ascough has mastered the Leica very well. http://www.jeffascough.com/index.htm

I love his work and if this is what can be achieved with a Leica, then I can sell all my other gear very happily to go towards the M7! Just need a few more dollars to stretch the rest....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leica Ms do very well at candid 35mm portraits due to the relatively small size and quiet shutter. (Leaf shutters are even more quiet, but the Ms are pretty silent for focal plane shutters.) That's one reason street photographers like them so much. The big advantage I'd see for your style of work, Nicole, is that Leica lenses perform very well wide open.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ... and you don't need an M7. There are plenty of options that will not cost as much.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ralph & Helen, it's so great to hear from you. The M6 would be great although I do like to shoot sometimes on Aperture Priority, which is where the M7 comes in. But, I guess the Nikon FM3A would also do good job and be cheaper as I can use my existing Nikon lenses. I do have an issue though with being 'left-eyed' so that the lever knocks me in the head. Just a minor handicap. It's always nice to read these threads. Jim, I'm sooo sorry for the hijack. I'll call it off here. I can't wait to see more of your posts.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin