Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,422   Online: 870

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Best 35MM lens for 3d look?

I am addicted to the 3D look I get with the Jupiter 3 50MM 1.5 lens on my Canon P. What 35MM lenses have that 3D property?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not what you are hoping for, but this should do the trick...

http://cgi.ebay.com/VintageKodak-Ste...item43a90e630c
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm
    No, I don't want a 3D camera, just a 35MM lens for the Canon P that produces that nice 3D effect like the Jupiter 3 does.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You have an excellent lens and you are happy with it , if you have money around 200 or more , buy an old Leitz Wetzlar lens. They are all excellent and dont listen peoples words about old lenses. They didnt use them or not capable to understand them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SLR or rangefinder?
    I think one of the better for slr is the newish Zeiss 35 f/2 in ZF or other mounts.
    The Z* series 50 1.4 Planar is supposed to exhibit this at medium distances although it's not as sharp at closer distances as the f/2 macro planar.

A lot of things play into it, light of course, distance etc.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Why not a Jupiter 3 if you like that look?

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the Jupiter 3, but I'd like to have a 35MM lens for wider shots. Has anyone here used the Jupiter 12?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,

I was wondering about same issue - take a look in this old thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum41/7...mensional.html

Basically after reading other people advices and meditating a lot , I know: it is more about lightning than about lens.

regards,

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Ah, okay, I misunderstood what you meant initially by 35mm.

Have you looked around on flickr at example shots from different lenses? I'm not sure what affordable options have a similar look.

I may be off here, but I feel like people often refer to shots taken with a wider than usual aperture as 'more 3d'. If so, perhaps a 35mm 2.0 or faster lens?
    Last edited by Brian Legge; 08-13-2011 at 01:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If by '3D look' you mean the shallow depth of field possible with a 50mm/f1.5 then you will be disappointed by any 35mm focal length lens. Even a 35mm/f1.4 lens will give backgrounds that look quite in-focus.

Some older lenses with lots of uncorrected spherical aberration were said to give a '3D look'. If this is what you are looking for then I would try for the oldest lenses you can find. There is quite a craze for high SA lenses in large format photography, but these all tend to be long focus.
    Last edited by Nicholas Lindan; 08-13-2011 at 01:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin