Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,327   Posts: 1,537,014   Online: 1134

Shooter
    Multi Format

Neck strap for Argus C-3

Has anyone installed a neck strap to a C-3? I do not want to start drilling holes in a wonderful working but heavy camera. Any information or advise welcomed.
    David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    35mm
    The case that came with the C3 had a strap attached. I don't recall if the strap was attached via rings or was sewn on. If it has rings you could just attach a strap to those.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If there's a tripod socket yoou might make something that attaches that way. Gordy's may have or be able to make something.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks BobD I do have a nice bottom part of a case, now to remember where I put it up. John I never would have thought about that. Ok now I have some direction, thanks guys.
    David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    The case that came with the C3 had a strap attached. I don't recall if the strap was attached via rings or was sewn on. If it has rings you could just attach a strap to those.
    On my 1958 vintage C-3, the neck strap is attached to the ends of the case by what appear to be two rivets in each end. Recently someone on the Flickr Argus discussion forum claimed the strap on his was held by screws, and he had replaced the strap easily. The original leather strap on mine looks pretty scary right above the rivets and I would not consider carrying the camera with it as is. I may have to investigate to see if what I think are rivets are some sort of unslotted screws. But minor details on those cameras varied quite a bit over their long history.

For case straps where historical correctness is not an issue, I found some inexpensive dog leashes at MalWart that are woven nylon about 3/8 inch wide and come in a number of colors including black and brown. (A matching collar can be bought and stripped for a buckle if needed.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I suppose you could drill out the rivets on the lower case and use small bolster screws to replace the strap. BTW, the strap on my 1956 model is riveted to the lower portion of the leather case.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin