Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,636   Online: 764

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: early Canon RF

X. Phot.
    My canon is SN 58288; (III). I love it. I would have a difficult time if we were ever separated.

Shooter
    35mm
    Red Robin: I placed an ad buying cameras and stating that I do not pay much. I was rewarded with this buy. The guy did not want it: it was his deceased father's. - David Lyga

Shooter
    35mm
    X Phot: yes there is something about the design of this camera. Admittedly, the 1.9 Serenar is NOT as good as the 1.7 Canon lens on the much later Q17. - David Lyga

X. Phot.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    X Phot: yes there is something about the design of this camera. Admittedly, the 1.9 Serenar is NOT as good as the 1.7 Canon lens on the much later Q17. - David Lyga
    The nice aspect of this camera, like all that have the Leica Thread Mount, is that there are tons of lenses that actually fit and function. Mine currently wears a Nikkor-H 50mm 1:2, but, a number of FSU lenses have also worked fine. I really appreciate the single viewfinder for composing and focusing. Auxiliary vieiwfinders can also be placed on the shoe for ease of composing.

You may already be aware of the rarity of the camera. Just over 10,000 being produced. I figure a good portion of those have been lost over time. Yours is only the third or fourth that I've heard of in past year.
    http://www.collection-appareils.fr/c.../canon_III.php
    Last edited by X. Phot.; 09-14-2011 at 03:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, X PHOT, there is an accessory that fits on the camera's shoe for the 100mm lens that corrects parallax by slowly angling downward as you turn its dial to closer distances. Its not a lens, but merely a tiny tube with clear glass at each end with the dial in the back. I would love to know what the camera, 50mm, and 100mm are worth. I have checked the site (run by a 'Peter K') mentioned previously but information is limited and the page for the actual camera (not the lenses) is 'under construction'. The lens prices indicate about $150 each but I think that it would be a cold day in hell before any retailer paid even remotely towards that price, given the horrible economy out there (anyone need a bookkeeper in Philadelphia?) - David Lyga.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David-------You may want to consider posting any Canon rangefinder questions on RFF (rangefinder forum). The Canon sub-forum on RFF is fairly active, and a lot of Canon rangefinder aficionados who can offer good advice, hang out there. Peter Kitchignman frequents RFF too.

Jim B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Check here too... http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/c...1933-1955.html

I'd love to get a Canon P or 7.
    I sold my P last year... dumbfounded at how much a guy in Belgium gave for it..
    about $585 US

Shooter
    Large Format
    Canon rangefinders got me back into 35mm film a couple years ago, after a 20 year break. I've had two IVSBs, a VI-T, a 7sV. But I kept one of the IVSBs because they are so small and neat. Like a swiss watch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin