Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,909   Online: 1114

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Bessa users Unite!!!!

Anyone own and use Bessa's ? FYI there IS a Volk. group here

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got a Bessa R and the 35mm f/2.5 Color Skopar. It hasn't seen too much use recently, but I'm carrying it more and more, since I carry a camera everywhere I go and it's light and handy and does good work.

With best regards,

Stephen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've gotten quite a bit of use out of a Bessa-R, but I'm not shooting much 35mm lately. When I travelled a lot for work it was a nigh-perfect camera to pack along. It's not Leica construction or "haptics", obviously, but it's hard to beat in terms of bang for the buck!

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bessa R and Summitar. It replaced my Leica IIIc when it broke. 1/3 the cost of repairing the Leica, and it's a better camera, so the IIIc may never be used again.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Bessa is an R3M. Together with a 40 mm S.C. Nokton, 15 mm Heliar and a 90 mm Leica Summarit (my only piece of Leica equipment) it makes for a great kit. When not shooting MF, this is the set that gets the most use.

I'm still trying to figure out what the Volk. group you mention is, though...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have Bessa L (silver), T (grey anniversary version) and R2A (grey). I never use the L (bought on flebay for the 15mm lens that was with it). My favorite is the "T", a wonderfull but for sure specific camera. And the build quality (metal dials and lever-base) of that version is great.
    The R2A is a nice camera too, I use it regularly but it's my wife's camera ;-)
    Lenses used are VC 15/4.5 (funny and lovely), 25/4 (most used, on the T off course), 35/1.7 (stay on the R2A as normal lens), and 90/3.5 (good lens used on both T and R2A). Also have Leica Elmar 50/3.5 (quite never used, aperture selection on front too hard to use) and a Summitar 50/2 (nice lens, and unique look with eom hood ;-)
    The beautifull Leica IIIF, wonderfull piece of mechanical technology, stays at home beause it's a pain in the a.. to load :-|

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    bessa r2m here, with 35/2.5 and 50/2.5 color skopars. the 35 lives on my r2m. the 50 lives on my iiif. i've got an m-mount elmar 90/4 that gets occasional use on the r2m.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use an older Bessa II 6x9 120mm film camera

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bessa R2A- great camera, focuses well even up close with large aperture 50mm's.

Makes a very compact package with the short-nose eveready case (GET IT!). The 50mm Sonnar and the 35mm f/2.8 Biogon both fit with that case on.

About the lenses: actually a bit disappointed with what they do on b&w film. They are not the manual focus versions of the Contax G lenses that I had hoped them to be. Tonality, shadow detail- just not up there. They're probably optimized for digital colour, if such a design consideration can be put into practice at all.

I once tried a 50mm Summicron and quickly found out that tab focusing is not for me.

I would not trade my Bessa for a Leica M7 or for the Zeiss Ikon. But then I have never used (or even held) one of those so what do I know?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    About the lenses: actually a bit disappointed with what they do on b&w film. They are not the manual focus versions of the Contax G lenses that I had hoped them to be. Tonality, shadow detail- just not up there. They're probably optimized for digital colour, if such a design consideration can be put into practice at all.
    I've been quite happy with the 21/4 and reasonably happy with the 75/2.5, but haven't had the opportunity to play with others, though I've seen results I liked from other people. I'm curious which lenses have been problematic for you.

It doesn't seem like the screwmount lenses, at least, would make sense to optimize for d*g*t*l---of course there will be users who put them in an M adapter on an M9, or on a micro-4/3 camera, but surely the vast majority of screwmount lenses live out their days on film bodies?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin