Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,019   Online: 767

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta AL or Minolta AL-F, which one to get?

Differences, which one to get?
    What is your opinion?
    Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an AL and have never used an AL-F.

The AL advantages over the AL-F that I see are -
    - the AL has a faster lens then the AL-F
    - the AL-F has no manual mode (as far as I know) and depends on its meter for auto exposure which could be a problem if the meter is not in great condition.
    - the AL has shutter speeds to 1/1000 which is unusual for a leaf shutter (though it's probably not a true 1/1000)
    - it's fairly easy to adjust the RF on the AL if needed (access hole provided on top plate)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both, and would prefer the AL as outlined by Bob above. The AL/F is very compact though, but the lack of manual mode is a bit restrictive.BTW, I had my AL's shutter tested and the best it could manage was around 1/750th, which isn't bad for a leaf shutter (lens needs to be around F8 to get that)
    For the price they go for now you could always get both

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had an AL-F for many years (until the film back refused to lock.) It was my workhorse when I was travelling. For me, the compact size was the critical attribute.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin