Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,464   Online: 952

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    X. Phot.
    That Mamiya-Sekor lens is probably a M42 lens that found it's way into the lot.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The camera in question is a Leica, likely a IIIF (another great Barnack designed camera) with a 35mm Summaron f3.5. I happen to own one and use it quite a bit. Be advised that the Summaron will probably need professional cleaning as they are notorious for lens fogging. Once I had my lens cleaned, it performs so beautifully that I use it instead of the 35mm f2.0Aspheric Summacron (which I own and cost me almost ten times the price of the Summaron lens). The one problem is figuring out how to filter it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I didn't win the cameras. Some guy actually called in and was bidding on the phone, and he paid like $450 for each body by itself. I didn't stick around to see what the lenses went for but the Mamiya lens went for $60.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IIIf's go for that sort of price in the UK quite regularly. It helps that the top Leitz repair technician for older cameras, Malcolm Taylor, is based here Herefordshire. He does the Leica factory's repairs on their own collection

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin