Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,313   Online: 1211

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

What camera is this in the picture?

Can anyone with an experienced eye tell me what these cameras and lenses are? I wish I had a better picture. This is going up for sale at an auction that is somewhat far away so I'm trying to figure out if it's worth my while.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 07 13.10.jpg  
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Bottom loaders but too small to tell which. Not sure if the cud on the left is canon our nikon. If the cameraso are FSU it's really different from if they are Leica Canon. If the glass is Nikon that changes the price again.

The meters, viewfinders, glass and bodies worst case are about $100 USD, maybe $150.

Good luck.

B2

Shooter
    35mm
    The one on the right looks like a screw-mount Leica, but I wouldn't be able to tell if it was an FSU camera instead. I was hoping there is some giveaway feature that someone might be able to recognize. I guess I could try to call the auction house or see if they can get bigger pictures.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The one on the right side is a Leica and while I am not 100%, I think the other one is a Leica too. They also seem to be postwar. Neither of them is a Zorki or FED anyway. Lenses looks like Summicron 50 on the righthand camera and on the lefthand a collapsible Elmar 50/3.5 or possibly a Elmar 35. Not sure of the lone lens in front of the righthand camera, though.

The giveaways are the slow speed "knob" on the front and the one-part upper shell which houses the rangefinder. The FED and Zorki that have a resemblance to Leicas, are copies of the Leica II from the thirties. They have no slow speed knob and the chrome upper housing is two-part.
    Last edited by Jerevan; 09-07-2011 at 02:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    So since it's an auction, what do you think it would all be worth? I figure the bodies are worth a couple hundred each and same with the lenses, if they really are Leicas and in usable condition.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting to see the Meyer rangefinder, this isn't the US Hugo Meyer, rather the original Meyer Goerlitz. Meyer sold rangefinder cameras in the late 1920's with their own lenses fitted, the bodies made by Leica they also made an early version of something smilar to the Visoflex in versions for Leica's and Contax'sand a full range of Leica & Contax lenses including fast f1.4 lenses before Leitz made their own.

I'd guess the lens on the left is a Canon. The camera bodies are Leica they aren't IIIG's they are III c,d, or f's

Seems to be all contemporary equipment bought around the same time to form an outfit.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    I called the auction company and got better pictures.

What do you think this stuff is worth? I like my Canonet, but I've never had a Leica. I have been looking for an M2, but these look pretty nice too and come with multiple lenses. I don't need any more cameras, so I'd only like to bid enough so that I could definitely get my money back if I decide I don't like Leicas. I guess I'll probably bid up to like $400 on the lot, or $200 each.

f/22 and be there.

X. Phot.
    This may help identify your cameras. http://www.cameraquest.com/ltmnum.htm

My luck with these older Leica (including Leica clones) has been mixed. They may require a good work-over to function properly.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Keep in your budget odds are that you will need to spend something on a CLA for both bodies. The Leica 35mm is a fine classic lens. You have some good 50s. Still not sure on the other lens, could be Komura.

I think you're high at $400, but I've already owned several Leicas.

B2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The mystery lens appears to say "mamiya-sekor" I didn't know they made a ltm lens.
    One of the cameras is a lllf black dial and the other is a lll something or other. if it has a dial like the other it to is a lllf
    Black dial=sync setting beneath the shutter speed has black numbers.
    5CM Summarit f1.5, 3.5CM Elmar f3.5 the collapsible I have no idea.

IMO at retail, and if everything on the bodies work, I'd guess that $400 is about right for the bodies. The lenses would be in addition to that. Check the bay's completed auctions to get a rough value. When I check completed listings I take high & low prices and strike an average.
    We're also assuming that nothing needs work, focus,diaphragm, glass condition etc.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin