Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,470   Posts: 1,570,916   Online: 863

Shooter
    Multi Format

Repairs on an M6

After several years of heavy use, the time has come for some servicing on one of my M6 bodies. To wit: 1) the frame counter is sticking: it does not advance past 32 frames and usually fails to reset; and 2) the lens preview lever works only when a lens is attached to the body. Repairs are, of course, available by Leica. This, however, involves sending the camera out of the country (New Jersey, USA) with the attendant wait and worry. So...my question is, are there alternatives (Leica approved) available here in Canada?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post
    + with Kindermann, Mr. Jerry Smith (no relation alas) does amazing work.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd check it out myself... send it to me with $75 bucks!
    Seriously... I used to fix Canon FD mounts for all sorts of folk, I have had quite a few things apart and returned to working order with a little research on how to do it.

I don't open my Hasselblad CF lenses though... I should check it out though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in the Uk so can't really offer anything but sympathetic support- my M6 has exactly the same two ailments, though not even attaching different lenses makes any difference to my frame lines! It must be a fairly common M6 issue I'm assuming. Perhaps the lube has dried up or something. It doesn't stop me enjoying using it though! Good luck with your quest.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kindermann it is, then. Thanks all.

BLK

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've one M3 and two M7's serviced by Leica at Solm's. No problems at all.
    I don't go anywhere else for my Leica service. -Dick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    After several years of heavy use, the time has come for some servicing on one of my M6 bodies. To wit: 1) the frame counter is sticking: it does not advance past 32 frames and usually fails to reset; and 2) the lens preview lever works only when a lens is attached to the body. Repairs are, of course, available by Leica. This, however, involves sending the camera out of the country (New Jersey, USA) with the attendant wait and worry. So...my question is, are there alternatives (Leica approved) available here in Canada?
    You're in Burnaby? Why would you ship it out of town when we have our very own Leica/Hasselblad/Rollei guru living here? Take it Horst, he'll fix you right up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A local? I had no idea. Could you be so kind as to provide a telephone and address? As I stated above, this is a first. The only repair information I had, prior to my query here, was that found on the Leica warranty card!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin