Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,393   Online: 1009

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceEsquerre View Post

What's a good model out of the LTM series?
    Bryce,
    I'm sure they are all good it's just a matter of features.
    If you really wanna go Canon I'd weigh the price/features to see what you can live with. Some top out at 1/500 on the shutter an some have better/larger viewfinders or combined vf/rf windows.

I don't own a Canon (so I won't recommend a specific model) but seriously considered one at one point until I happened into a Leica IIIf.

The Canons offer good value if you want an interchangeable lens setup.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Legge View Post
    You'll see a lot of posts about a seller on ebay named 'interslice' who sells kits. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be active anymore
    He was active in April of this year, I ordered seals for a Canonet and some Nikons from him...try JGood21967<at>aol<dot>com (with the appropriate replacements, of course)
    Great guy, great product, great price and great instructions.

Shooter
    35mm
    Almost pocketable and good enough for me : Chinon 35EE. Many derivatives exist (e.g. under GAF brand in the USA). Cheap enough (I wouldn't consider the collectible rangefinders branded Leica Canon or Nikon as carry-everywhere tools).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When Jon Goodman (interslice) and I last corresponded, he was in the process of setting up his own, non-eBay retail portal.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    What do you guys think about a zorki with a jupiter 8 f/2 for $60? offered to me by a member of this site and supposed to be in great condition. is a zorki a good first rangefinder?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceEsquerre View Post
    What do you guys think about a zorki with a jupiter 8 f/2 for $60? offered to me by a member of this site and supposed to be in great condition. is a zorki a good first rangefinder?
    Did he mention which Zorki?
    FSU (Soviet) cameras can be hit or miss but if the seller is a respected member you should be okay.
    Sounds like a possible decent deal.

Jupiter 8 can be quite good.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If you want discrete, one of my dream RF's is a Olympus 35 SP. Although the price might be just around your pricepoint, maybe a smidge more?

Shooter
    35mm
    jnanian offered me a zorki 4 with the jupiter 8 f/2. i've been reading up on them and they get very mixed reviews. but do seem to be capable of awesome photos.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^ Very Nice!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin