Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,319   Online: 888

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Who Repairs Rangefinders in WA State?

Called a couple of places, and all advised that I should just replace the camera... but, you know, sometimes you get attached to your equipment.

(Ricoh 500 G)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hope someone here from your area will respond. I have come to the conclusion that local camera repair is highly unlikely anymore anywhere. So far I have sent cameras for repair out of state in my case. I know KEH has a repair facility, other than that I know Mark Hama is the preferred Yashica repairman and Clarence Gass for Mamiya Press Cameras. I have a couple of older Nikon cameras I am considering sending out for a CLA and haven't really started the process to see who is available and who most folks trust.

May I suggest you see how this thread goes, if not, ask specifically for Ricoh repair shops in the 35mm Forum also......someone there may have a bit more experience with repair shops local or otherwise.

Good luck on this, I know I have several old cameras I don't want to part with and would rather repair just because instead of getting another replacement.....

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I currently have my Canonet QL17 G-III in for a CLA by Scott at Northwest Camera Repair in Everett, Washington. The shutter had begun to be a bit sticky at the slower speeds after a lot of use over the last couple of years since I bought it.

In the past Scott has CLA'ed two Nikon F2 bodies for me. He's also done lens cleanings on just about every camera and enlarger lens I own. And calibrated both Nikon DP-1 meters, including a brand new ring resistor replacement on one of them. Oh, he also cleaned my Yashica MAT 124G twin-lens and calibrated the meter.

As often as not he'll also talk you out of repairs he doesn't think a camera needs. He's done that with me on more than one occassion. In fact, he tried it with the TLR meter calibration, but I insisted. That meter is now wonderfully accurate in non-extreme situations.

He's been in business since 1985.

Recommended...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I gave NW Camera Repair a call and they won't service my camera - they made it sound like they don't do repairs on many brands of rangefinders. :/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Whats going on with the camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lens barrel needs to be screwed back on (after lining up all the notches and clicking it into place, which I can't seem to get the hang of), and a wire has come unsoldered.
    "You can struggle in the water and be too stubborn to die, or you can just let go and be lifted to the sky." -Bright Eyes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Give "Alpine Camera" a call;
    in The City of Spokane Valley, WA State. From their website:

"Camera Repair: We offer camera repair and maintenance for both film and digital camera equipment. We also provide service for most collectables, medium format, and large format cameras. We use the finest test equipment and tools available, using up-to-date repair techniques to ensure the best possible care for your camera. Check out our Repair Info page for more details."

http://www.alpinecamera.com/

Alpine Camera
    101 North Argonne Road, Suite G
    Spokane Valley, WA 99212
    509-892-6645

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Talk to Doug @ the Camera Clinic. He's who both Ralph Javins and I use to get our gear repaired. If he doesn't do it himself, he may show you how to do it yourself, so it'll be a fairly no-cost job. He's done that a few times with me.

Address and phone are:

518 NE 165th ST
    Shoreline, WA 98155
    206-367-2440

Hours are Tues-Sat, 10-2.

-J
    APUG: F5, F4s, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Not Washington but darn close. Blue Moon in Portland, OR they advertise here.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stopped in at Camera Clinic in Shoreline today; the guy's really friendly, and advised that I just keep tinkering with it myself - pull off the leatherette and work from the front rather than the back. To have him do it would be $90, and he seemed confident that I could do it myself, so I trust his judgement. I'll play with it some more later this evening and this week and see if I can figure it out!
    "You can struggle in the water and be too stubborn to die, or you can just let go and be lifted to the sky." -Bright Eyes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin