Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,944   Online: 1056

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RF beginner

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi guys,

Thanks again for the advices. I'm trying hard to find a yashica. I ran ebay, but most part of the cameras come from usa and the shippings costs are larger than the cost of the camera. I tried international sellers, but didn't catch any great deal so far.

Thank you for the sugestion X. Phot. but I'm in love with the Yashica, and that's the one I want to take pictures with.

Concerning to the battery, i read about it. Heard about yashica guy who sells on ebay, but I also saw the DIY version.

I'll continue my quest for the GSN.
    Like I said, I'm just a beginner, but when I look at the GSN I just smile. I hope to be lucky enough to invite you to see the photos I'll shoot someday.

Don't forget mates, if you are aware of any good deal, pm me.

Let's find my Yashica GSN!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's one who's only charging about $10 USD for postage. The only thing is, he's selling it untested, so it's your call if you want to risk it:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YASHICA-E...item53e96dbf15

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you, but actually if you check the bidders you'll see my name. The problem is that if the bids start to raise a lot. I have a maximum of 30 pounds on this one. Pretty sure I'm not gonna win, but like you said, this camera it's untested and I don't want to spend a lot of money on uncertain things.

Anyway, thank you for search and tell me about it.

Bruno Ferreira

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You're welcome and good luck!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi guys,

I've got a doubt about Yashica GS/GSN. I know that GSN has hot shoe and GS doesn't. Isn't any other difference between the two? I will not use the flash, and that's why I want to know that.
    If that is the only difference I think it will be easier to find the camera.

Sorry for bothering with this question but I really want to make a good decision.

Bruno Ferreira.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Bruno, I got this from http://www.photoethnography.com/Clas...ectro35GS.html who got the information from the Yashica Guy:
    "...
    1966 Electro 35 Original flagship model
    1968 Electro 35 G + changes in cosmetic design + ASA now 12-500 + gold contacts
    1970 Electro 35 G (2nd ver) + revised film door ? Added "Color" designation to lens, but no change in design itself
    1970 Electro 35 GS + cosmetic changes + ASA 25-1000
    1973 Electro 35 GSN + flash hotshoe + minor changes to rewind lever
    There are "T" versions of the above (GT, GTN). The T indicates a black top plate as opposed to a chrome one. (The "S" standing for "Silver Chrome or Satin Chrome")
    ...."

Not having a GS to compare to my GSN, I don't know what the "minor changes to the rewind lever" might entail exactly but it looks as though you're pretty much right in thinking the hot shoe is the only real difference between the two, although the GS does have a cold shoe and PC cable connection. Oh, and the GSN is mentioned as having a battery check light indicator which the GS doesn't seem to have. However, you might have better luck getting your hands on a GSN since they were in production for 17 years, as opposed to the GS's short run of just three.

That seems to be it, really, but I'm sure there's someone more knowledgeable out there who can correct me if I've missed anything.

Hope this helps!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a few GS/GSN's for sale. I believe I have one that is in prime working order but can't remember which one. If you have the budget for it, I could send one to Mark Hama for a CLA. The cost would be about $150+ shipping but you would have a good camera that would be warranties by Mark.

Check my FS thread http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...h-canonet.html
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin