Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,694   Posts: 1,482,482   Online: 999

Shooter
    Multi Format

Yamato Pax M4/TAC Deluxe

Okay, I may have broken my first rangefinder but I'm not giving up yet. Picked up two this weekend, hoping one of them works good? The shutter fires okay. The insides look clean. It has the little leather case.

Anyone have this camera? What do you think of it?
    "You can struggle in the water and be too stubborn to die, or you can just let go and be lifted to the sky." -Bright Eyes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few more questions!

Is there any way to clean the metal? It looks like it's worn from age. Anything I should put on it to keep it from getting worse or is that just how it goes?

I'm not sure how to use this viewfinder. I've never seen anything like it...It looks like there are awkward reflections in it and it's not fun to look through (you can't see the reflections in the photo, and the netting is my window screen)

Sorry for being so new to this.
    "You can struggle in the water and be too stubborn to die, or you can just let go and be lifted to the sky." -Bright Eyes

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This is my first post to apug, so let's hope this works.
    I collect rangefinders, and shoot with them.
    And fix them.

You can clean gunk on the chrome by putting a small dab of toothpaste on a piece of paper towel, and rubbing hard. There's enough abrasive in toothpaste to do a good job of cleaning chrome, but not enough to damage it. Remove the residual toothpaste with a damp piece of paper towel.

You image through the viewfinder looks correct. I assume the mesh is something outside the camera. I see framelines, and the rangefinder-spot in the middle.

The four-element f/2.8 lens is decent, and should provide adequate sharpness for enlargements when stopped down to f/5.6 or smaller.
    Be careful about the pressure plate: People often slide the back of the camera too far down, causing the sprockets to scratch the pressure plate. Those pp scratches will scratch your film, so you'll want to buff out any scratches in the pp.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lifted View Post
    Anyone have this camera? What do you think of it?
    I have one but the shutter seems to be jammed so I haven't be able to use it so far. Nice little camera though, much smaller than some other from same era.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Pax Ruby. It's a beaut. Tiny and stylish. The lens is not bad, either.

Shooter
    Multi Format

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin