Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,015   Online: 695

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bessa T vs Bessa R

How do these compare in terms of durability/feel? Some people find the Bessa's to feel cheap/plastically while others do not, but it seems that the R2/R3/R4 cameras have a better feel. So I'm wondering, is the T built better than the R?

I've handled none of these cameras, so I'm not sure what to expect. I have a Canon P and it feels real nice, but the focusing is a bit difficult, so I'd like to accompany it with a Bessa.

Also, how do the patches compare?
    Last edited by msbarnes; 10-12-2011 at 11:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Bessa R and compared to my Nikon S2 it feels really light and maneuverable. All of the Bessas are built well the only differences are the mounts they use and a few features. The L is LTM and has no RF, the R is also an LTM but has the RF, bothhave TTL as far as the other models, all inknow is that they have different mounts, either Cosina, LTM or M. Check out kenrockwell.com for more info.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a bessa R3a and i do not feel it plastically at all...

Seems to be strong and very confortable to carry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an R and an L and have handled a T briefly. As far as I can tell they're all built on the exact same chassis.

Everyone seems to agree that the build quality got better starting with the R2 family, but I've never had a problem with the feel of the old "plasticky" ones. I mean, I don't use them to drive in nails or anything, but they feel like perfectly reasonable cameras to me.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I have an L and a T: bought the T to use my summicron on so I don't scratch the!&@"*** out of my M3. I bought the L because it was $99. I feel a difference in quality : doesn't affect the pictures.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Bessa T and the Epson R-D1 (digital rangefinder build on Bessa R). The different between the two are the light meter and viewfinder. The T only has a center spot view/rangefinder. And the light meter is only a red/green/red light system. The R style body has a full viewfinder and light meter displays the shutter speed in the viewfinder.

Shooter
    35mm
    The T is built a little better than the R. They are both well made cameras however. The R is more convenient to use since it has built in finders.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have both the R & a bessa L. Haven't held a T. I can say they are light compared to a Bessa R2m which I have held. I keep both camera's in their cases & I don't have any problem with them. MOF I enjoy carrying one of them about everwhere I travel. The finders are superb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The later R2 etc have a more substantial feel for sure, buy basically the same camera underneath. They are all a bit cheap and cheerful compared to a M Leica, but of course they are cheap and cheerful!
    The thing is that the R and the L and T all work really well, excellent metering and nice bright and contrasty viewfinder (in the R that is).
    At the price point, the cameras and most definitely, the lenses, all perform well above their weight. Great intro into RF photography, with the SM cameras being much cheaper to buy these days.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Remember that some C/V Bessas are M-mount and others are LTM, make sure you get what you want for a mount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin