Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,341   Online: 1070

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rff's homepage won't even load where I am. All I see is a white screen.

Jim B.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm only getting a white screen as well.

Mads

Shooter
    35mm
    The rff admin/mods have banned numerous great members in the past for peanuts. They also lost a lot of new members that have been completely ignored in the impossible signup process.
    And the nazi mod squad don't help either.

That place has seen better days all around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know, I kind of like RFF. I like reading the thoughts of Tom Abrahamsson, Bill Pierce, Roger Hicks, etc.

Jim B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    Rangefinder Forum is read only for me. Tried to register but there was some technical foul up and I never did see the responding e-mail show up in my in box. Then when I tried to log in the site said I was a member but could not post or reply to threads. Never had any reply's to my e-mails to them when I tried to find out what went wrong. Can't tell if my e-mail ever reached them or if their reply (if any) reached my in box.
    Exact same situation with me. Registered, never got the activation e-mail. I e-mailed the admin there multiple times, never once got a response. I even tried re-registering with a different e-mail address - no luck then either.

I have since deleted it from my bookmarks. It occasionally turns up in my searches on google, but other than that, I've stopped going there...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    Stephan Gandy (of Cameraquest fame) owns/runs RFF now but Jorge Torralba is the software guy (and previous owner) who keeps things running. Not sure how to contact them.

Jim B.
    You can contact Stephen Gandy through the e-mail address on cameraquest.com. Not sure what it would accomplish, though. If the site's down it's down. I'm sure they're doing what they can to get it back up running as soon as possible.

Shooter
    35mm
    I put 'rangefinder forum' in google search and then clicked 'Forums' and was able to go from there to the main page. But when I clicked the top heading 'Rangefinderforum.com Portal-Rangefinderforum' I still got the blank white page. So you can still get in through one of the other headings.

Shooter
    Multi Format

hardware issues...

message to Stephen Grandy:
    Rangefinder.com site down?
    returns a 0 byte html page, completely blank.
    great site, when it is up

Stephen Gandy
    12:57 PM (0 minutes ago)

to me
    yes, we are having hardware problems,
    the techs are working on it.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's a useful site, albeit way, way too full of navel-gazing "whither..?" type of posts..."what is your favorite type of bicycle?". Hopefully they're installing a pointless-wank filter.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    The rff admin/mods have banned numerous great members in the past for peanuts. They also lost a lot of new members that have been completely ignored in the impossible signup process.
    And the nazi mod squad don't help either.
    +1

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin