Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,192   Online: 1039

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love rangefinderforum.com, although I do find it a bit gear-driven.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    And those polls... Yowzer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    I put 'rangefinder forum' in google search and then clicked 'Forums' and was able to go from there to the main page. But when I clicked the top heading 'Rangefinderforum.com Portal-Rangefinderforum' I still got the blank white page. So you can still get in through one of the other headings.
    I did this trick. I can't actually get into a sub-forum or a thread, though...

RFF is probably a bit too heavy on the gear (4 Leica M subforums? Separate subforums for each mirrorless digital camera system?). There's also quite a bit of censorship (don't dare mention Occupy Wall Street, as the thread is quickly killed). I also think some of the mods there just like to post meaningless questions at least once a day just to drive traffic.

I found a website a couple of years ago called photopoo.com, which takes a swing at RFF. As a long-time member of RFF, I must say quite a bit of it is right on the money. .

Hopefully they're installing a pointless-wank filter.
    That would be fantastic, hehe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had no problems accessing or browsing the site. My issues all stem from attempting to register.

RFF is consistently in the top results whenever I google some film question I have (usually "time for x film in y developer pushed z stops"). Since they came up so much in my searches (and since I have two rangefinders) - I figured I'd go ahead and join. That is, apparently, easier said than done...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by drumminor2nd View Post
    There's also quite a bit of censorship (don't dare mention Occupy Wall Street, as the thread is quickly killed).
    Yes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Really about the Occupy thing?
    When I was able to view a few weeks back I sae an entire thread of "protest/civil disobebience realated photos and it was quite long.

Maybe Newt bought the site just recently and everyone is off taking a bath...

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't know abut the Occupy topic specifically -- I was agreeing with the comment about censorship which is rampant over there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    I don't know abut the Occupy topic specifically -- I was agreeing with the comment about censorship which is rampant over there.
    It's cool BOB, I was talking about drummerguys post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    I don't know, I kind of like RFF. I like reading the thoughts of Tom Abrahamsson, Bill Pierce, Roger Hicks, etc.

Jim B.
    Thanks for saying that Jim. You're not the only one who feels that way.

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They've cut a number of threads, and hacked up those that remained quite brutally. The mods even stated anyone starting a new thread would be instantly banhammered.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin