Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,768   Online: 1209

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have learned a lot from RFF, but yeah, you have to be very careful to say the right thing ;-) Some intense personalities! I think there term is flaming right?

Shooter
    35mm
    ^I don't know, I kind of like RFF. I like reading the thoughts of Tom Abrahamsson, Bill Pierce, Roger Hicks, etc.

Jim B.
    Bill Pierce and Roger Hicks are GREAT.
    Tom Abrahamson really lost it, I mean completely, when it became clear that he was shilling for voigtlander products in all his posts. He's calmed down a bit and that's good for him. For an instant there I thought his real name was Tom Kobayashihamson.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by drumminor2nd View Post
    They've cut a number of threads, and hacked up those that remained quite brutally. The mods even stated anyone starting a new thread would be instantly banhammered.
    Well, I wouldn't know what the use would be of discussing politics on a photography forum anyway.

Can always come here to do so, right?
    Last edited by buzzardkid; 11-26-2011 at 03:41 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: uh-oh, typo...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzardkid View Post
    Well, I wouldn't know what the use would be of discussing politics on a photography forum anyway.

Can always come here to do so, right?
    Some photographs are politically charged, and the people on RFF would fight over the message of the photo. I've had that happen with a couple of my photos showing the economic problems in my hometown.

Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm
    This is a genuinely odd thread. The main sentiment appears to be: "I can't stand Rangefinderforum.com, and I'm annoyed that it's offline."

I think that's a contradiction.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by troym View Post
    This is a genuinely odd thread. The main sentiment appears to be: "I can't stand Rangefinderforum.com, and I'm annoyed that it's offline."

I think that's a contradiction.
    First hearty laugh of the day. Thanks, man!

I like RFF, I hang around there a good bit, but I don't post much. I have had good help, made a few deals and generally enjoyed myself. These days I don't even have a rangefinder, but I still like the SLR and TLR forums.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have to follow jerevan sentiments and say I like RFF (member of rff anonymous) and I personally don't see much difference between the posts on RFF and Apug 90% what lens is better what camera is better , what film is better type of questions just like on apug.

Dominik

Shooter
    35mm RF
    As of 7:30 AM still getting a white screen at RFF. FYI.

Ray

Shooter
    35mm
    A friend of mine made a simple post on RFF about why he preferred film to digital and one of the mods there started harassing him -- both via posts and via PMs. When my friend returned one of the PMs with a message telling the mod to stop sending hostile messages he was "banned forever." Email queries on it to Gandy were unanswered.

Something is very wrong with that place.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The food is terrible, and the portions are small!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin