Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,763   Posts: 1,516,183   Online: 992

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Personally, I'll take the heavy moderation on RFF to a lightly moderated forum any day of the week.

It happens on APUG too. Try starting a thread on digital cameras and see what happens.

Jim B.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Too much, too little...hmm. Normally RFF is a polite forum and members are helpful towards each other. Trying to be funny (especially if the joke is Apple or Leica related) will get your threads deleted for sure, and if you do this too often, you'll get thrown out. It is like being in a fundamentalist church and making a religious joke. When in Rome...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrangefinder View Post
    Trying to be funny (especially if the joke is Apple or Leica related) will get your threads deleted for sure, and if you do this too often, you'll get thrown out. It is like being in a fundamentalist church and making a religious joke. When in Rome...
    I have not noticed this and I have been a member of RFF for quite a few years. I have seen quite a few heated discussions about various topics, but sometimes a discussion looses all sense of the original topic and descends into....ah....something not useful.
    When this happens perhaps a thread may as well get dumped. I happens here as well occasionally.

If I had to choose between RFF and Apug I suspect I'd choose Apug. But I enjoy both sites and I'm sorry to see it when either has problems.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Roger Hicks is a barrel full of laughs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by O|||||||O View Post
    Exact same situation with me. Registered, never got the activation e-mail. I e-mailed the admin there multiple times, never once got a response. I even tried re-registering with a different e-mail address - no luck then either.
    Don't know about the admin not replying to you, but RFF has had problems with emails for a year or more. I used to get notifications about their ads, then it just stopped. About a month ago, I got 300 or more from the beginning of the year. And nothing since.

They were also having some issues with something about 1-2 months ago where the whole site got unbearably slow. They blamed it on Tapatalk and/or the listing of sub forums on the left side of the webpage. So both of those were removed, and yet the problems didn't end. Finally the site started working faster, but I never caught the explanation. I'm sure whatever is going on is related to that...

While I do like RFF in general and think the people are pretty cool there, there can be some issues with mods, thread topics, and other things, but isn't that true for any forum?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I must say, I've never had any censorship or thin-skin problems there. As I said, the seemingly endless wanking about some truly bizarre posts often led me to suggest people go outside and get some fresh air and hey, maybe take a picture while they're at it.
    (I started a few parody posts, after the slobbering over one new camera got to be too much..."Do you take your Fuji X100 out to dinner before you make love to it?" ..incredibly, I actually got a few serious answers)

But never any trouble from the mods or anything. I hope they get their technical issues worked out as I think it's best to have more information rather than less (especially where film is concerned, naturally).
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a registration problem too last year, but it appears that RFF doesn't like yahoo/hotmail/gmail type emails for registering. Using an ISP email (e.g. roadrunner/att/etc) seems to work.

RFF is by far my most visited site, so I'm a bit happy it's down - more time for other things!
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I haven't been able to connect to RFF for over 24 hours!! I am hoping that this is only a temporary problem.
    Advice on how to make my images better is always welcome..

Current users: Leica M3, Bessa R2A, Nikon F100, Yashica Mat 124G & Nikon D90
    Favourite Lenses: Summicron 5cm f2 DR, Summarit M 5cm f1.5, Summaron M3 35mm f3.5, Jupiter-8 & Jupiter-12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitxu View Post
    Roger Hicks is a barrel full of laughs.

Hey Pix!!! Izzat you?

RFF: I've had posts deleted with no explanation. Don't discuss a)America b) Leica c)SLR's ;D and you're in safe territory IMO. The people there are more than helpful on film, camera knowledge, etc, etc tho

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Normandale View Post
    .....RFF: I've had posts deleted with no explanation. Don't discuss a)America b) Leica c)SLR's ;D and you're in safe territory IMO. The people there are more than helpful on film, camera knowledge, etc, etc tho

Not to sure I agree about Leica. In the past, RFF has been criticized for being way too Leica-centrict.

As for SLR's, there seem to be endless posts about the OM-1 and Nikon Fs'.

Sometimes it is hard to find a discussion on an actual RF camera.

Jim B.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin