Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,502   Online: 1050

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Politics on RFF is like digital on APUG, and just as off topic, if not more so.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Roger Hicks says that everything is politics. He's my favorite RFF mentor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitxu View Post
    Roger Hicks says that everything is politics. He's my favorite RFF mentor.
    I wonder if Roger includes a link to his website in his posts there?

In the past I enjoyed Roger's posts too.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Its a helpful site, unfortunately the `regulars' are a very thin skinned bunch.Like the new white screen though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    Personally, I'll take the heavy moderation on RFF to a lightly moderated forum any day of the week.

It happens on APUG too. Try starting a thread on digital cameras and see what happens.

Jim B.
    Gee, Have you ever read the mission statement?
    Here's the very first sentence:APUG.ORG is an international community of like minded individuals devoted to traditional (non-digital) photographic processes
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Normandale View Post
    Hey Pix!!! Izzat you?
    Only if you have a USB Oiuji board.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well you know how those RFF guys are always going on about how they have to cover the red dot and the name Leica on their cameras. Well now they have covered up the entire website with a white sheet. Just so no one will steal it ya know
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have not been able to log on for a few days,now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Everyone has been banned and all their posts deleted. It all started with a thread titled "M9-P or M2 with Goggled 35 Summaron?"...

GDI

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Normandale View Post
    Hey Pix!!! Izzat you?

RFF: I've had posts deleted with no explanation. Don't discuss a)America b) Leica c)SLR's ;D and you're in safe territory IMO. The people there are more than helpful on film, camera knowledge, etc, etc tho
    Come on Jan, you know people discuss these topics all the time on RFF. It is pretty rare that threads or posts get deleted, but it does happen - I think few are because of disagreement about Leicas and SLRs. Most are probably political threads where there tends to be a lot of USA bashing; that sometimes draws America defenders and it goes downhill from there. I am sure Canada/France/China/Norway bashing posts would draw a like response.

Also, the only OWS posts I saw deleted were ones that degraded into fairly nasty political debates or overt recruiting for the movement. Photos of OWS were not deleted for being there, AFAIK. (Note that I don't visit the site all that often, so I'm sure I miss a lot of "excitement".) Any posts I had deleted came with no explanation, but those modified did have a reason - even if it was irrational!

RFF has a lot of friendly members with a tons of knowledge they are willing to share (like you of course, Jan!), but some topics get out of hand.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin