Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,635   Online: 781

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    GDI

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitxu View Post
    Roger Hicks says that everything is politics. He's my favorite RFF mentor.

Haha! I used to look forward to your great self portraits ! But I'll pass on any recent ones, thank you.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Still as of Saturday night I get only a blank white screen, and I'm a member. No notifications of any kind.

Hope RFF is not going the way of Plus-X.
    Last edited by hendriphile; 11-26-2011 at 07:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did a topic get over developed?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    Not to sure I agree about Leica. In the past, RFF has been criticized for being way too Leica-centrict. Jim B.
    Jim, discussion can cover the 'cons' as well as the 'pros' of Leica cameras. Just ask why everyone obsesses about over priced German Leica rangefinders when a Canonet G III QL17 can take images virtually indistinguishable from a Leica. Better still state flat out that a Noctilux isn't worth the money.... ;D

BTW : I'm smiling about this because this is what RFF threads are usually like. I'm not seeing much difference between the two places actually.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apug-RFF-noctilux.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	42159

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GDI View Post
    Haha! I used to look forward to your great self portraits ! But I'll pass on any recent ones, thank you.
    Richard Jenkinson, the RFF member who used the Pitxu name, passed away a couple of years ago.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    Richard Jenkinson, the RFF member who used the Pitxu name, passed away a couple of years ago.
    It's probably Frank G. or one of the brilliant minds over on flickr, I Shoot Film/Unsensored. Pretty sure Lord Hicks is FrankG. Basa Juana says he's Richards son. Probably is. The resemblence is strong.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1221810...7628123635165/

GDI

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by gb hill View Post
    It's probably Frank G. or one of the brilliant minds over on flickr, I Shoot Film/Unsensored. Pretty sure Lord Hicks is FrankG. Basa Juana says he's Richards son. Probably is. The resemblence is strong.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1221810...7628123635165/

Thanks for that link GB, I was able to see many of Richard's fabulous self portraits in one of Basa Juana's galleries. I am glad his son, if that is who he is, has maintained them - he was an extremely talented person.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    Hi Chris, I recall clearly the announcement of Richard's passing. So you can understand my bewilderment when I saw "pixtu" on line at apug discussing RFF mods and photographers. How many people would use that name and also know people like Roger... ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pixtu-nov-26---7.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
    Everyone has been banned and all their posts deleted. It all started with a thread titled "M9-P or M2 with Goggled 35 Summaron?"...
    Hah! You know the culture there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    ...[RFF] were also having some issues with something about 1-2 months ago where the whole site got unbearably slow. They blamed it on Tapatalk and/or the listing of sub forums on the left side of the webpage. So both of those were removed, and yet the problems didn't end.... I'm sure whatever is going on is related to that...
    Other than that RFF is poorly designed technically, I have never understood why APUG and LUF and numerous other sites could run Tapatalk successfully, but RFF just couldn't seem to figure it out or manage it. Removing Tapatalk has caused me to browse RFF much less than in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    ...While I do like RFF in general and think the people are pretty cool there, there can be some issues with mods, thread topics, and other things, but isn't that true for any forum?
    No public forum is ideal, I agree. And I do like RFF a lot, so I hope the site comes back to run smoothly... and with Tapatalk functioning
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." W. Durant

flickr

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin