Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,201   Online: 1016

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    agw

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
    Anyone got the time for dev tmax 400@1600 in rodinal 1+25? There was a thread in the film/dev section about it, but I did not write the time. I want to try that combo!
    Googleing "tmax 400@1600 in rodinal +25?"
    indicates 12min@20C might be a good starting point... not that I ever tried it.

About RFF, while I occasionally enjoy visiting there, I find it much too concentrated on "gear mytique" discussions - lots of mystical summilux manna and so on. Over here, gear discussions tend to me much more down-to-earth. And mystical film-developer-agitation combos are by far not as expensive as mystical lenses...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasw_ View Post
    Other than that RFF is poorly designed technically, I have never understood why APUG and LUF and numerous other sites could run Tapatalk successfully, but RFF just couldn't seem to figure it out or manage it. Removing Tapatalk has caused me to browse RFF much less than in the past.
    From what I understand, APUG and others that are using open source forum software are doing so with minimal customization. RFF on the otherhand has a ton of customization of the software - so updates are impossible. Which is a shame really. I also think that substandard PHP coding with memory leaks are also causing problems with RFF. Because of RFF's Tapatalk issues, I found myself using Tapatalk a lot less...
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by segedi View Post
    From what I understand, APUG and others that are using open source forum software are doing so with minimal customization. RFF on the otherhand has a ton of customization of the software - so updates are impossible. Which is a shame really. I also think that substandard PHP coding with memory leaks are also causing problems with RFF. Because of RFF's Tapatalk issues, I found myself using Tapatalk a lot less...
    I think you'll find APUG has a high level of customisation maybe it's more subtle and better intergrated than the RFF which incidentally uses the same software. It certainly is compared to another Photography forum running the same software.

People here don't realise just how much work Sean puts in to keep APUG up to date and stable with upgrades, as well as constantly improving. If you read the announcement section you'll find he liaases with the software developers.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Don't criticize Cosina or Camera Quest's service in anyway. I know a couple of people who had some complaints and voiced them (about turn around time or pricing or something) and got the boot.
    Just say the word GASBAG and the Nazi moderator back_alley will threaten to ban you I made that error and Big Joe Rizzo or whatever his name is posted back in the same thread, "Perhaps this forum isn't for you, and if you ever mention the word GASBAG again, I will personally ban you."

I just hope that they get their site back up and running real soon so they won't be bringing their drivel over here!
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Don't criticize Cosina or Camera Quest's service in anyway. I know a couple of people who had some complaints and voiced them (about turn around time or pricing or something) and got the boot.
    C'mon! I have read many different complains from users about Cosina (much less about CameraQuest) over at RFF and mostly just normal discussion followed. Of course if somebody could not hold his or her temper and went ballistic than some moderation would be in place, wouldn't it?

I know of members being banned from all possible photo fora, sometimes deserved, sometimes less so.

But this thread was only concerned with the technical well being of the RFF ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by drumminor2nd View Post
    I was going to be a jerk and give you a link to the Mass Dev Chart, but that combo isn't even on it... you enjoy being on the fringes of civilization?
    I do live in the fringes of civilization...
    I already done that before posting the question, any civilize person would do the same...

indicates 12min@20C might be a good starting point... not that I ever tried it.
    Thanks agw!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Just say the word GASBAG and the Nazi moderator back_alley will threaten to ban you I made that error and Big Joe Rizzo or whatever his name is posted back in the same thread, "Perhaps this forum isn't for you, and if you ever mention the word GASBAG again, I will personally ban you."

I just hope that they get their site back up and running real soon so they won't be bringing their drivel over here!
    If you've been slandered like Joe has you might feel the same way. I'll never forget a few Christmas back when Joe took up a collection for a member who happens to be a member on here as well as RFF. Frank G said on his site that Joe was shilling the members to keep the money to buy gear for himself. Didn't happen, a few days later the member thanked everyone & posted photos how he used the funds to buy Christmas for his son.
    I expect to now be attacted by Frank on his site (again) but I don't care if he calls me gb(arney)hill or attacks my faith, or post the photo's on his site I post on flickr. I wont see it because I don't waste my time going there.

If you don't like it on RFF then don't go there. I agree with Jan. It's no different here. Why can't we just keep all our negative comments on the kind of negative AA wrote about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matus Kalisky View Post
    But this thread was only concerned with the technical well being of the RFF ...
    Folks... this is a good thing to keep in mind!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gb hill View Post
    If you've been slandered like Joe has you might feel the same way. I'll never forget a few Christmas back when Joe took up a collection for a member who happens to be a member on here as well as RFF. Frank G said on his site that Joe was shilling the members to keep the money to buy gear for himself. Didn't happen, a few days later the member thanked everyone & posted photos how he used the funds to buy Christmas for his son.
    I expect to now be attacted by Frank on his site (again) but I don't care if he calls me gb(arney)hill or attacks my faith, or post the photo's on his site I post on flickr. I wont see it because I don't waste my time going there.

If you don't like it on RFF then don't go there. I agree with Jan. It's no different here. Why can't we just keep all our negative comments on the kind of negative AA wrote about.
    I personally think that Joe is a thin skinned jerk and the term Gasbag definitely applies to him. And actually, I decided that I didn't like RFF very much and stopped visiting there. I did go back recently to see if things had changed, but I found that the high dreck to interesting content ratio was still about the same, in other words, a total waste of my time.

Mike Sullivan
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like Roger Hicks and while he was here we had background conversations via PMs.

Some of what I am here in this thread convinces me that I am and will be happier using SLRs for the most part and RF sometimes.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin