Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,080   Online: 787

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Rangefinderforum.com

Has anybody else noticed that this site has been experiencing a lot of down time lately? I don't know how popular Rangefinderforum is these days in the larger realm of photo forums, but down time does not presage well for the longevity of a Web site. It seems that something has changed lately. I still like it and enjoy it myself however!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah. It's had some problems. It's been having problems off and on over the last couple months.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    All their GAS has combined, resulting in the world's biggest gear head explosion yet. There are Zorkis and 12mm lenses everywhere.
    I'm sure it'll be back in a few days.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Was it this site or rangefinder Forum that recently went through a migration to a new server? Maybe both?

Anyway, I keep getting either a blank page, or a 'problem connecting' message. I hope they get it sorted out soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

It is about 0600 GMT right now, and www.rangefinderforum.com is not responding. Possibly a server problem or something similar.

We had a problem a few months back with Dennis Lohmann's www.eazypix.de website with his extensive listing for Minolta ROKKOR lenses, but it was traced to a very simple oversight. That was easily cured, and it is back.

This is a problem that is of some concern to me. Things that are stored only digitally can be subject to sudden loss just by a power line problem for a moment. There is still merit in having a "hard copy" or paper printout of data files for long term storage.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It worked briefly this morning (6:00 AM EST, November 25th) but is down again. Was down most of yesterday too.

JimB.
    Last edited by Mackinaw; 11-25-2011 at 08:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    Was it this site or rangefinder Forum that recently went through a migration to a new server? Maybe both?

Anyway, I keep getting either a blank page, or a 'problem connecting' message. I hope they get it sorted out soon.
    This was APUG's server migration, unrelated. Our migration was a little bumpy but we're settled in now.

I feel for them, these things can usually be a nightmare behind the scenes. We've been stable pre-migration and should be ok on our new system. What I like about our new system is the infrastructure behind it, and that we can scale the system up within minutes. Data integrity and backups are something I spend a great deal of time on. We have over 4 different backup locations (including a web server at my home that runs and tests full APUG backups). I'm not sure who is running RFF these days, I'll be around tomorrow if they want to pick my brain about anything just tell them to ping me apug.org@gmail.com -I've been through my share of hosting and vbulletin disasters...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stephan Gandy (of Cameraquest fame) owns/runs RFF now but Jorge Torralba is the software guy (and previous owner) who keeps things running. Not sure how to contact them.

Jim B.
    Last edited by Mackinaw; 11-25-2011 at 08:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I cant even ge afresh login and my old username iis inoperable.
    All I get ins a "do not recognixe entered email" when I request a new password for my username that used to work and cant post there at all.

And I hve always been respectable there so couldn't have gotten banned

I've even tried using the contact the admin link and have not ONCE gotten a response.

Shooter
    35mm
    Rangefinder Forum is read only for me. Tried to register but there was some technical foul up and I never did see the responding e-mail show up in my in box. Then when I tried to log in the site said I was a member but could not post or reply to threads. Never had any reply's to my e-mails to them when I tried to find out what went wrong. Can't tell if my e-mail ever reached them or if their reply (if any) reached my in box.

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin