Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,681   Online: 834

Shooter
    35mm

Anybody here have a Minolta A5?

Hi guys,
    I now have 2 minolta rangeys, one a himatic 7s and the other an A5.
    Now, my question is about the film advance lever, on my 7s when you advance the film the lever is spring loaded so it returns with your thumb (as you would expect) however with the A5 its quite stiff and requires you to push it back into place. Its not notchy nor does it grind etc, the action is very smooth, and as far as I can tell the film spools are turning correctly.
    Is this normal for this model? I seem to remember that the A5 has a quick advance system or such-like?
    I've loaded a roll of HP5 to test everything.
    Thanks in advance,
    Rob

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i have one, and i do not remember any issues with the wind-on. i have not used it in months as it quit focusing. except for that, it is in beautiful shape. i imagine a CLA would make things right again. i would be happy to mail it to you gratis for parts or to get it working again ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin