Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,893   Online: 1018

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canuhead View Post
    would love to know who their hosting co is.
    DNS points to these guys http://www.layeredtech.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sean, I just saw Lars von Trier's Melancholia, and it's got me worrying, what's going to happen to APUG, if another planet collides with Earth? Do we have a mirror on Mars?

If anyone should be backed up on microfiche, it should be us.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Sean, I just saw Lars von Trier's Melancholia, and it's got me worrying, what's going to happen to APUG, if another planet collides with Earth? Do we have a mirror on Mars?

If anyone should be backed up on microfiche, it should be us.
    Hmm... I wonder if I could backup to a satellite?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Chinese are now in the space game so they might be able to put a data vault in space

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking for new hosting by now. I do hope they will be back up soon..

Shooter
    35mm
    From the Service Level Agreement (SLA) language at Layered Tech:

"Layered Tech is not responsible for the restoration of data to any server. If Hardware Failure and subsequent data loss occurs, Customer is responsible for data restoration. Layered Tech shall not be liable for loss of data under any circumstances. If a Hardware Failure causes a corrupted operating system, data files, or a damaged service configuration, Layered Tech will attempt to restore the system to its original state when reasonably possible."

If that is true, then RFF has to have their own data backup/restore plan and process. Let's hope they do.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Oh dear God... I hope APUG never decides to add a "bags and wrist strap" forum... or subdivide the current APUG 'Rangefinder forum' into a thousand subforums, one for each camera (and its variant) ever made!
    This - from someone with 2339 posts! Bit snarky, aren't we? There are ways to switch off and hide a lot of stuff that you don't want to see (including posts by certain people) and obviously the wide range of subjects must be of interest to some people. Actually I'm thinking of starting one devoted to photographic tie pins - there must be a lot of people out there who would like to debate, trade, boast about their collections. But RFF is down and I can't do that right now.

Greg Hill tells me it's been down since last Wednesday. Depend upon it, there will be a flood of anguished and angry posts once it resumes, most of which will have little to do with photography.
    Leica M6,
    Bessa R4A,
    Rolleiflex(s) 2.8/80, 4/135, 4/55.
    Nikkormat FTn
    Fuji X10

dct

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Youdale View Post
    ...[snip]...
    Greg Hill tells me it's been down since last Wednesday. Depend upon it, there will be a flood of anguished and angry posts once it resumes, most of which will have little to do with photography.
    Agreed 1. They will write down their frustration. And a week later we will laugh about all the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robin View Post
    ...[snip]...
    I, for one, enjoy lots of forums and having one down puts a big hole in my continuing education efforts .
    Agreed 2. Apart from the personal minded discussions, it is still my best fundus of deep technical knowledge for the most exotic RF questions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Youdale View Post
    I'm thinking of starting one devoted to photographic tie pins - there must be a lot of people out there who would like to debate, trade, boast about their collections. But RFF is down and I can't do that right now.
    I think one on all the different aftermarket lens caps is a more pressing need.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    On a positive note (for me at least) having RFF down has lead me to rediscover APUG, it's not half bad y'know!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin