Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,730   Online: 852

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    RMD

Shooter
    35mm

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/

Any one know why this has gone off air in the last few days ?

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    35mm

Glad I'm not the only one having problems accessing RFF

I was beginning to think I'd been banned. Thanks for the link to the closed thread, and maybe I should start hanging around here, as i see a few familiar names.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Just don't bring your GASBAGS here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh dear God... I hope APUG never decides to add a "bags and wrist strap" forum... or subdivide the current APUG 'Rangefinder forum' into a thousand subforums, one for each camera (and its variant) ever made!

Shooter
    35mm RF

That OTHER forum

I for one have a hard time even posting my own shots, but they must have hired someone with my computer skills to run that server! Anybody know what problems they could be having(?)without getting too techie(?). I, for one, enjoy lots of forums and having one down puts a big hole in my continuing education efforts .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Robin View Post
    ...... Anybody know what problems they could be having(?)without getting too techie(?).......
    Their server has failed.

Catch Torralba's comment below. He's RFF software guru:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=39936867

Shooter
    35mm
    For me (other than Flickr) rff was the easiest to upload to. Biggest aggrivation was remembering to resize the images smaller than 200kb. Haven't uploaded anything here except an attachment in a thread. Photo Net is darn near impossible to get around & I have no idea how to upload a photo there. I may subscribe here, but I think I'll leave my uploading photo's to flickr & rangefinder images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    would love to know who their hosting co is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They may have fallen into the trap of relying on their host for stability and backups.. a bit too hard to speculate at this point due to lack of info. For those curious about APUG.. When I worked at IBM years ago, our huge project had extreme DR (disaster recovery) implemented, as in we actually had to plan for recovering the entire infrastructure from a tactical nuclear strike. I've taken a lot of that experience and applied it to APUGs DR plan. If our data center was destroyed (or server), I have secure synced copies of the site housed in 3 different geos (US, UK, NZ). I would quickly grab new hosting, update our DNS and re-sync data to the new host. We could theoretically be back up and running from a major disaster within a couple of hours. Hopefully the RFF server is the real issue for them and not corrupt data. Bad data is when the real nightmares begin. If it's taken their host this long already, then I wouldn't have much confidence in such a host having reliable backups in place either. Fingers crossed for them.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin