Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,671   Posts: 1,481,800   Online: 1079

Shooter
    Medium Format

Removing built in hood from Fuji GSW/GW 690 III series

I am having difficulty with the built in hood as it prevents easy adjustment of the aperture or shutter speed settings but more importantly, it makes it more cumbersome to change filters when it is cold and windy. I feel that I may inadvertently drop filters as the built in hood pushes in only so much so that it is difficult to change filters when the camera is mounted on a tripod.

Is there a way to remove the built in hood without traumatizing either the hood or the camera. I'd like an option to re-install the hood later if the camera is to be sold.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That hood is a real pain, but I've never heard of anyone that's figured out how to remove it without sawing it off. I ended up securing it with gaffers tape when shooting, so it wouldn't keep sliding back.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin