Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,380   Posts: 1,683,009   Online: 775

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're a very wise man not to attempt it yourself, home kitchen table camera repairers are like incompetent surgeons, you only hear about their successes, they bury their failures
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Justride408 View Post
    Would you mind sending me a private message with his contact info. Just picked up a ql17. Thanks!
    PM sent...

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This photo really illustrates why a thorough CLA by a pro isn't cheap

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Anyone know how to get ahold of Mark Hama? I sent him my camera a couple of weeks ago and havn't heard a peep. no email responses, no cashed check. I really want it to shoot!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark Hama Ltd.
    2675 Earl Dr.
    Marietta, GA 30062
    phone: (770) 565-1498
    markhama@comcast.net
    http://www.markhama.com/
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you! I don't want to bother him with a call, but really would like to shoot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On the other hand, if you've sent him both a camera and a check, then a simple phone call should get you an exlanation and a current status. There should be no issue with asking since he already has your money. Did you send him a request for a repair quote before sending your camera to him?

Ken

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes,
    we spoke over email a few times before I mailed it, and yes he has a check for the full amount. I will give him a call.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck...

Ken

Shooter
    Large Format
    Cameras have a lot of parts . Those shutter leaves can be a real bear to get back in sometimes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin