Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,764   Posts: 1,484,069   Online: 1110

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like I always tell my wife... If you can't put it back together with fewer parts than the person who designed it, you are no smarter than they are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an agreement with the repairer who services my gear, he doesn't take pictures, and I don't service equipment.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

No word from Mark Hama regarding my camera

Tried calling and leaving messages, no reply to my emails, nothing for about a month and he hasn't cashed the check.... Delivery confirmation says someone signed for it. First, I hope he is ok. Second, I wish I could get in touch with him. Do any of you have contact with him? I heard about him from this forum.

-Jason

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sad to say that no matter how good his CLA work is, I cannot recommend Mark Hama... TERRIBLE communication, over two months and only one email saying he got back from vacation. He cashed the check a month ago. I just want to know the status. Since I found out about him on this thread, if anyone else does the same, I suggest someone else. I hate writing things like this, but I really just want my camera back.

jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Truly sorry to hear this, Jason. My experience was the exact opposite, but that doesn't excuse your experience at all. Occasional excellence is really not excellence.

I hope Mr. Hama reads this...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbwpro View Post
    Sad to say that no matter how good his CLA work is, I cannot recommend Mark Hama... TERRIBLE communication, over two months and only one email saying he got back from vacation. He cashed the check a month ago. I just want to know the status. Since I found out about him on this thread, if anyone else does the same, I suggest someone else. I hate writing things like this, but I really just want my camera back.

jason
    See, I warned you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jason,

PM sent...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Did everyone get their stuff back? I was just looking for the best place to send my VERY used black Canonet Ql17GIII (made in Japan). I got it for a great price considering it's color and origin but it needs a good CLA from a pro, not just a tabletop lube job & tighten-up. Just wondering if Tony or Jason got their cameras back from Mr. Hama.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nope, despite repeated attempts to contact him, my Fujica and $140 are gone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin