Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,844   Online: 1078

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Considering a DIY CLA on a Canonet QL17 GIII?

Yesterday Mark Hama was kind enough to send me this image of my QL17 as it currently sits on his workbench. If you look closely you can make out my name and the camera's serial number on white tape on the lens cap in the upper middle. And this appears to be only a partially disassembled lens assembly. That piece in the upper right below the body looks like it could easily be broken down further. Yikes.

What a testament to the golden age of mechanical engineering.

After seeing this I don't think I'll ever be tempted to pull one apart on my own - no matter how many well-intentioned posts I read that say it's a "piece of cake" if you're careful and don't misplace any parts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0062.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	43062

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Did it come with a ransom note?

"For an extra 500 bucks I'll put it back together"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Did it come with a ransom note?

"For an extra 500 bucks I'll put it back together"
    Nah... At least I don't think so... Hmm...

Then again, he did write in his email "I hope I can put it back together..."

That was a joke. I think...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably. He did a bang-up job on mine. Very nice, and he got it back to me well within his estimated 2 weeks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's great! I took one apart and can attest to the fact that there are AT LEAST that many pieces, maybe more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He's had my Fujica V2 since June and this is the last I've seen of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_1001.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    He's had my Fujica V2 since June and this is the last I've seen of it.
    What was the reason? Difficult to find replacement parts? What did he say when you asked him?

I just now received an email from Mr. Hama informing me that my completed camera will be shipped back this afternoon. (And without ransom demands!!) That means time-in-shop will have been exactly three weeks to the day. Not bad at all, considering this the holiday season.

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Would you mind sending me a private message with his contact info. Just picked up a ql17. Thanks!
    LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE FOR TODAY, DREAM FOR TOMORROW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i hate snuff-pics!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Justride408 View Post
    Would you mind sending me a private message with his contact info. Just picked up a ql17. Thanks!
    His email is markhama@comcast.net. But I still have not heard a peep about my Fujica V2. It's now been 9 months and $150. I could have had another kid by now!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin