Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,506   Online: 996

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Finding the right Zorki 1...

I have decided that I HAVE to get a Zorki. The 1 is the most appealing to me, but I know that there are many viariations of it as well. Anyone have a preference between the A, B, C, D or E? Go for a Industar-50 (3.5/50mm) or the collapsable Industar-22 (3.5/50mm)? I plan to use this as a day to day go to camera, and will be soing a bit of everything with it. I am fine with having to trim the film, and understand some of the quirks that are built into them.

***If anyone has a nice setup to let go of and has a need for a Nikkormat FT2, a Canon F1n, Ftbn or a Yashica TL Super maybe we can work something out...***

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boy, have I got the camera for you. Not just one but two Zorki 4K's, ones for color film and the other for black and white. Both are in excellent condition and with two lenses. A 50mm and a 26mm, two yellow filters, one lens hood and a Gordy's strap, all in a nice Tenba black camera bag. I'm not interested in a trade unless you have some Bronica SQA stuff, but I'll sell the whole thing for $250.00

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RPippin View Post
    Boy, have I got the camera for you.
    That really sounds like a deal, but I am pretty dead set on a 1 as of right now... Beautiful cameras, but a little too newish for what I want to have. Thanks for the offer, though! If I decide to jump ship on the 1 I will let you know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, you're really set on one of these, eh? I have a neat thing (though it's not for sale). It's a Zorki 1 but it was built as a fake Shanghai 58. So it's a Zorki 1 knockoff of a Shangahi 58 which is a Leica III knockoff. Ha! Really sharp 50/3.5 collapsible on it too. Good luck on your search.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, and here's a nice list of Zorkis for sale....

http://www.okvintagecamera.com/zorki.php
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just got back from our Christmas travels to find a package from jnanian. Awesome Zorki 4 with a Jupiter 8 lens. Better condition than he described it to be, well worth the price he put on it... I have a bulk spool of Kentmere 400 on the way from B&H, it should be here tomorrow. Perfectly timed!

Shooter
    35mm
    One of my favorite cameras is Zorki 4

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Are the slow speeds an issue on the Zorki 4.......I've been looking at one myself.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Zorki 4. Looks like new, Jupiter-8 too. It's been sitting idle for at least 16 years, probably more. It's not so much that it has problems with the slow speeds as it's replaced all its speeds with one, sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I look at its curtain and it gives me this big and long yawn, I get sleepy every time.

I may work the shutter a bit if I ever get bored enough. It's too bad, it's a cute camera (no, it's not).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBodyOldSoul View Post
    I have a Zorki 4. Looks like new, Jupiter-8 too. It's been sitting idle for at least 16 years, probably more. It's not so much that it has problems with the slow speeds as it's replaced all its speeds with one, sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I look at its curtain and it gives me this big and long yawn, I get sleepy every time.

I may work the shutter a bit if I ever get bored enough. It's too bad, it's a cute camera (no, it's not).
    Willing to trade her for a Canon F1n and a Canon Ftbn?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin