Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,598   Online: 755

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I think something wrong against soviet cameras. Big portion of APUG prefers Leicas , Hasselblads , Linhof , Rollei but when it comes to FSU cameras they wait miracles from 50 dollar Zorki. If you can try a Anamorphic Square Front 21 mm LOMO lens for 25000 dollars and see how soviet products work !
    Trying to make a goal from cheapest product and compare with most expensive , is not IQ driven.
    If you compare with japanese goods , there is no equivalent of sony , panasonic in usa also.
    Cheap does not mean malfunctioning. Poor assembly + a total lack of maintenance for decades = a pile of junk. In most cases, $50 is too expensive for what it worth.

Don't get me wrong: I love soviet cameras (I own and use half a dozen) but most have to be rebuilt to work correctly and it costs way more than $50. Are you willing to pay $350 to get a Kiev or a Zorki totally CLAs???

Take care.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am living not distant from Russia and I bought many Soviet cameras at 80s and 90s. I think Russian mafia is sending the junk cameras to America. I can get it perfect condition for 100 or less dollars here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mustard, you should go into business then selling the good FSU cameras you get ahold of, you'd make a killing. I would love to have a few of these cameras but I have been turned off by the horror stories I have heard. There is no denying that they have a cult following but I can't afford to join a cult. If you can get your hands on some good quality pieces at reasonable prices let me know and I will buy.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    You know guys: the "not focussing because of a subversive element" was a joke, a play on words: the English language is full of them.....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonenameddavid View Post
    You know guys: the "not focussing because of a subversive element" was a joke, a play on words: the English language is full of them.....
    Lost in translation.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You know guys: the "not focussing because of a subversive element" was a joke, a play on words
    Well, you see, being communist there's always a subversive element
    Yes, but the rest of the world doesn't understand why Americans think communist equals subversive!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Yes, but the rest of the world doesn't understand why Americans think communist equals subversive!

Steve.
    Americans toss around a lot of words without really knowing what they mean. I see it pretty much on a weekly basis at least.

I bought my Kiev from one of the outfits that go over them for a premium. It still broke. I should figure out something to use the lenses on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would have to point to the last 60 years of US history & culture, following WWII, as for why Americans think communism equals subversive.

Cold War, Korean War, Cuban Missile Crisis, Vietnam... what else am I missing?

What I mean is that starting with the baby-boomers, communism has been the "evil" force in the world as seen by Americans, and propagated in US politics, news & culture. And it's not over yet... the boogie man never goes away!

There's this billboard on I-70 near Junction City, KS (home to a big military base, Fort Riley, think Custer...) that has a large looming picture of Obama with the words, Wannabe Marxist Dictator. (ah, here it is)

So you see what we're working with here..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please explain.
    Steve.
    Only Humans can explain their behavior, Please Explain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Americans toss around a lot of words without really knowing what they mean. I see it pretty much on a weekly basis at least.

I bought my Kiev from one of the outfits that go over them for a premium. It still broke. I should figure out something to use the lenses on.
    Think Voigtlander...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin