Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,190   Online: 844

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Jed,

Are you sure your Kentona is manufactured by Harman? Simon R Galley has stated on another thread that updated labeling only means new labels, and doesn't indicate place of manufacture.

Tom.
    I do not base this on labeling. I got the information that the kentona was produced at the Harman facility. And as I said, the Harman kentona differs from the previous kentona in its sensitivity. Therefore, it is a different kentona, but with excellent quality properties.

Jed

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jed, Why don't you ask Simon directly?
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by argentic View Post
    Jed, Why don't you ask Simon directly?
    What should I ask? Simon is perfectly clear.
    I quote: 'Current stocks of KENTMERE KENTONA - the unique, warmtone, glossy, chloro-bromide, fibre-based paper - are very good, but manufacturing of this product has now ceased as its emulsion cannot be replicated at HARMAN's plant.'

Their goal is to replicate an emulsion. And, if the new emulsion cannot be replicated, it is a reason to dump it. I found that the emulsion was different, but the result was perfect. If their goal is replication, they really should dump the paper. Their goal is replication, my goal is a good paper.
    I do not understand their objectives.

A similar situation ocurred after the collapse of Agfa. The MCC paper is in the development stage of its come back. I got samples of the new MCC. The quality of the new paper has been improved and is wonderful. Here the goal is paper quality, not replication. This approach makes sense to me. This looks like progress. The replication approach is a standstill.

Jed

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed Freudenthal View Post
    Their goal is replication, my goal is a good paper.
    I do not understand their objectives.
    Economical feasability ? If there isn't a big enough market to cover ALL the costs and make a reasonable profit, the product isn't viable. Simple business logic, no matter what product you sell. Nobody can live on clean air and goodwill alone. Everybody has to make a living.
    Last edited by argentic; 03-26-2009 at 06:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by argentic View Post
    Economical feasability ? If there isn't a big enough market to cover ALL the costs and make a reasonable profit, the product isn't viable. Simple business logic, no matter what product you sell. Nobody can live on clean air and goodwill alone. Everybody has to make a living.
    Harman didn't mentione economy problems in relation to kentona. For POP papers economy problems were mentioned, and I can understand that.

I have tested the new 'Harman kentona' against its competitor New Oriental Seagull grade #2 and #3. It is hard to say what is the best one of these papers at top level. Therefore, economy wise one has to compare those two papers at the same time. And, considering the exchange rate of the Yen and the british pound, Harman has an advantage.
    But may be a marketing problem exists. I discovered kentona by accident. The other kentmere papers never impressed me. And then the name: 'kentona' and one might think 'again another kentmere product'. A name should give an identity to a product.

Jed
    Last edited by Jed Freudenthal; 03-26-2009 at 09:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Polywarmtone

I have posted a little questionaire in respect to Polywarmtone here for anyone who is interested:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum249/...ywarmtone.html

Best regards,

Mirko

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Vreemd,

naar Mirko's bericht is iedereen overgestapt naar het Engels...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Vreemd,

Was sagen Sie?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Jan View Post
    Was sagen Sie?
    Wir sprechen viele Zahlen, aber nicht ohne Falten.

Jed

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Om een taal goed te kunnen verstaan moet je ook de cultuur begrijpen. :rolleyes:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin