Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,212   Online: 838

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Lith Print Combo's

Enige tijd geleden wat lithprint oefeningen gedaan en geconstateerd dat er vele wegen naar Rome leiden. Juist bij lithprint kan de keuze van het materiaal doorslaggevend zijn. Zo kan zowel het papier alswel de ontwikkelaar en de verdunning ervan de "kleur" van de print bepalen.

Vandaar mijn volgende vraag:

1. Geef eens aan welke Lith Print Combinaties (Papier, Ontwikkelaar) is je favoriet?
    2. Waarom kies je juist voor deze combinatie?
    3. Na hoeveel minuten zie je de eerste tekening in het beeld opkomen?
    4. Na hoeveel tijd (gemiddeld) "Snatch" je de print?

Als je nog andere waardevolle tips hebt, we houden ons aanbevolen.

Tnx
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Harry,

- Papier: Kentmere Kentona
    - Ontwikkelaar: LP-Lith
    - Beschikbaarheid
    - +/- 5 min
    - 10 à 15 min

tips:
    - gebruik een een normaal ontwikkelde print als referentie (in een waterschaaltje) om je snatch moment te bepalen
    - een grotere verdunning leidt tot meer egale contrast vorming

M.
    Last edited by Marc Leest; 10-08-2006 at 07:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Extra
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I just finished a weekend session myself. I used the Maco lith and a couple different papers.

I tried a Foma RC that lithed very well, kind of a brownish orange. I lithed an xray of my head. It looks great. (Just in time for Halloween).

It lithed really fast. Almost 2 minutes and it was done! Fast.

Then I used a couple sheets of luminos. very nice as always. More of a Faun Brown. Those took more like 6 minutes.

Then I used some Forte, probably my favorite, but I like to use a color/paper that matches the image. It took around 6 to 15 minutes for those.

Then I used some Ilford. I dont like to use Ilford warmtone with hot lith, it turns green. But in room temperature it's quite nice. (They took up to 20 minutes.)

Some observations from this weekend:

The Maco lith is very strong. I diluted it by 6x what they recommended.

The temperature of the developer has a large effect on color.

Exposure acts more like a tone adjuster. As you would notice the amount of exposure has an effect on overall print color. Lith prints only seem to have a strong mid tone with not much elsewhere (if there is tone at all).

I adjusted the exposure to render better local contrast and snatched the print when I like shadow density.

Older developer may add color, but seems to affect the sharpness of the print.

Sorry it's in english, I can read the Dutch, but not too good at writing.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin